Bug? B4A version 11.80 (64 bit)

T201016

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I am using B4A version 11.80 (64 bit), and while writing code in it, I noticed a small anomaly of events.
Well, static code modules cannot handle events of the type (see: example code line [1]),
which is automatically reported with a red wavy line in the code edit window.
However, in the example of code line [2], the error is not reported on an ongoing basis,
of course, the compilation of the project itself is not possible.

Code line example [1]:
Wait For (Delete (Main.UpdatedAssetsFolder, "wap.db")) Complete (b As Boolean) '--- >>> error: orphaned case

Example of a code line [2]:
If File.Exists (Main.UpdatedAssetsFolder, "store.db") Then
Delete (Main.UpdatedAssetsFolder, "store.db") = True Then isfiles = isfiles + 1 '--- >>> no warning!
End If

Public Sub Delete (fPath As String, fName As String) As ResumableSub
Return True
End Sub

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I may be missing something but I don't see a problem.

Firstly you are missing 'If 'in the conditional expression that is the second line so it won't compile.

Secondly, having included the missing 'If' you are directly calling a Resumable Sub expecting a Boolean return which causes an incompatible type error on compilation.

T201016

Licensed User
Longtime User
I may be missing something but I don't see a problem.

Firstly you are missing 'If 'in the conditional expression that is the second line so it won't compile.

Secondly, having included the missing 'If' you are directly calling a Resumable Sub expecting a Boolean return which causes an incompatible type error on compilation.
I indicated this problem, because in the second line of my example, the editor does not indicate a code syntax error before my intention to compile the project.