iOS Question B4I...I need some clarifications...

iz1kbp

Goodmorning everyone.
I am new to the b4X environment and I am developing an apk (b4a) to control, via udp, a program of mine written in Vb6. All right, apk made and working but ... there is always a but:
One of the people who must use it does not have an AndroiD cell but a Hiphone and cannot / does not want to change it.
The B4A source is simple, it only uses the udp ethernet libraries and therefore I think that the passage b4a> b4i does not give much problems.
my problem is that i have to create a Hi Phone version.

I read the b4i forums trying to interpret the writing in English, but unfortunately I have doubts.
From what I understand there are 2 ways:
a> I have a MAC OS in the local network, I load Javasdk and Xcode and then via local lan I develop it on a win pc and compile it on a MAc pc. Somewhere (in local pc?) you create this famous installation file and then upload it to the apple store directly because it is compiled in the MAC environment. In this case I don't need both the APPLE (development) account and I don't even need the APPLE BUILDER
b> I DO NOT have a MAC Os on the local network and therefore I MUST purchase and download APPLEBUILDER from B4x and purchase an APPLE ID to develop and then upload to the Apple store in order to upload it to HiPhone.
Are these two scenarios right?
Another thing: has anyone ever tried to develop B4i with a MAC OS virtual machine (virtual box..for example)?
Thanks to anyone who can give me tips
Mario

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
a. As Erel answered above, Apple developer account is required. You need to use it to create certificate and provision profile.
b. You can purchase a hosted builder subscription if you need/want to compile you app for iOS to install on iPhone if you don’t have Mac

Yes, I use Virtualbox to run MacOS and local builder.

Upvote 0