Other B4i v5.00 has been released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4i v5.00. This update includes significant performance improvements, in both debug mode and release mode, as well as other improvements.

• Resumable subs in debug mode are optimized in the same way other subs are optimized. You can see the difference in this video (the video was taken with a B4A app, the improvement is the same in B4i):

• Runtime performance improvements including: for loop optimizations, inlined methods, direct field access for properties and others.
    These improvements can make a huge difference in processor intensive tasks.
    As an example, the number of drawings per second with BitmapCreator:

V4.8:

Draw smilies from BitmapCreator (skip blending): 81,000 per second
    Draw smilies from BitmapCreator (with blending): 700 per second

V5.0:

Draw smilies from BitmapCreator (skip blending): 620,000 per second (7.5x)
    Draw smilies from BitmapCreator (with blending): 20,700 per second (30x)

SS-2018-05-17_12.40.57.png

In most cases the difference will not be so large but it will still help your programs run faster.

• Bit.ArrayCopy and FastArrayGet and Set methods that are useful when very fast access is required: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/fast-arrays-access.92951/
  • iXUI library v1.70 with B4XCanvas.MeasureText, DrawPath, DrawPathRotated, XUI.Scale, B4XBitmap.Scale and B4XView.TOUCH constants.

SS-2018-05-09_13.04.52.png

• xCustomListView and iBitmapCreator are included as internal libraries.
  • New File methods: CopyAsync, Copy2Async, ReadBytes, WriteBytes and ListFilesAsync.
  • Custom class templates:

SS-2018-05-17_12.13.17.png
  • Support for Xcode 9.3.
  • Ctrl + Click on class type (Dim rx As RegexBuilder).
  • Autocomplete improvements
  • Libraries deprecation messages.
  • Other minor improvements including fixes for several debugger issues.

Users who are eligible for free upgrade will soon receive an email with upgrade instructions.

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
From beta to final version in one week!!!
Can any other IDE even compete with this?

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks ! very important update , I want able to run debug version on many apps due to slow performance with loops .

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i can confirm that spritekit runs with about 20-25 fps on SIMULATOR!! in debug and release mode (they run almost the same 1-2 fps difference) i never get so many frames using spritekit on the simulator. now I can test my games on the simulator and not only on a physical device.
awesome job @Erel!

ps: 25fps is smooth enough for testing!

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
i can confirm that spritekit runs with about 20-25 fps on SIMULATOR!! in debug and release mode (they run almost the same 1-2 fps difference) i never get so many frames using spritekit on the simulator. now I can test my games on the simulator and not only on a physical device.
awesome job @Erel!

ps: 25fps is smooth enough for testing!
Tip: clean the project (ctrl + p) and remove breakpoints if you see that it runs slow in debug mode.

Upvote 0