Other B4i v5.80 BETA has been released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
As always I'm happy to release a new version :)

This update includes many IDE improvements as well as other improvements:

• Bookmarks and breakpoints are listed in the modules tree:

B4i_RQ9QNmelaH.png
  • Auto bookmarks feature:

B4i_xaShiTIuJf.png
    • Recent code positions and designer layouts appear as tabs in the window title.
    • The IDE decides on the list of tabs based on several factors (recency, modifications and others).
    • The list is saved together with the project and restored when the project is loaded.
    • The window can be dragged directly from the tabs.
  • Auto backup improvements:
    • Project is saved before backup, based on the auto save option.
    • Project name added to the backup file.
    • The project folder is configurable (AutoBackupFolder in the ini file).
  • Warning for unused parameters in private, non-event, subs.
  • Additional library folder can be configured with a B4X folder for cross platform libraries: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-additional-libraries-folder.103165/
  • #Event declarations appear in the autocomplete list.
  • Ctrl + Click on layout files from the code:

B4i_lh6eQY0UA6.png

• Fix for a long standing issue that caused scope changes of global variables to not always be detected.
  • Compilation performance improvements.
  • TextView / TextField SpellChecking property.
  • Default launch images for iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR were added.
  • #CertificateFile attribute supports absolute paths.
  • Debugger improvements.
  • Simulator builds with the hosted builder (Tools - Build Server - Build Simulator Release App).
    The simulator requires a Mac computer. With this improvement, developers using the hosted builder can make a simulator build, download it and then run it on an online service such as https://appetize.io/ or on any accessible Mac.
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
Developers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with installation instructions.

Note that it is a BETA version.

Last edited:

CaptKronos

Licensed User
The #MinVersion: 8 is part of the default project. The complete project:

B4X:
'Code module
#Region  Project Attributes
    #ApplicationLabel: B4i Example
    #Version: 1.0.0
    'Orientation possible values: Portrait, LandscapeLeft, LandscapeRight and PortraitUpsideDown
    #iPhoneOrientations: Portrait, LandscapeLeft, LandscapeRight
    #iPadOrientations: Portrait, LandscapeLeft, LandscapeRight, PortraitUpsideDown
    #Target: iPhone, iPad
    #ATSEnabled: True
    #MinVersion: 8
#End Region

Sub Process_Globals
    'These global variables will be declared once when the application starts.
    'Public variables can be accessed from all modules.
    Public App As Application
    Public NavControl As NavigationController
    Private Page1 As Page
End Sub

Private Sub Application_Start (Nav As NavigationController)
    'SetDebugAutoFlushLogs(True) 'Uncomment if program crashes before all logs are printed.
    NavControl = Nav
    Page1.Initialize("Page1")
    Page1.Title = "Page 1"
    Page1.RootPanel.Color = Colors.White
    NavControl.ShowPage(Page1)
    Dim DocumentPicker As DocumentPickerViewController
End Sub

Private Sub Page1_Resize(Width As Int, Height As Int)

End Sub

Private Sub Application_Background

End Sub

Upvote 0

CaptKronos

Licensed User
I have just downloaded B4iBuildServer.zip again to make sure I hadn't done something silly. The iUI8.h file has a last modified date of 22/08/18 and a version number of 1.51.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
display the search field where it was
I would prefer this too.
For me the search field should belong to the Quick search Tab.
Currently, the search field doesn't work as I expect it.
Clicking on the cross to delete field has no effect, I think that this has already been reported.
Sometimes, the text cursor positon cannot be changed with the mouse, not all time.
I suspect that it is related with the possibility to move the whole window.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sometimes, the text cursor positon cannot be changed with the mouse, not all time.
I suspect that it is related with the possibility to move the whole window.
I've made it more sensitive.

Clicking on the cross to delete field has no effect, I think that this has already been reported.
I'm unable to reproduce it. There was an issue with the search not being updated when the field is focused. It was fixed for the stable version.

If you are used to searching by clicking Ctrl + F then the field being a bit above the previous position shouldn't be a big issue. You just click on Ctrl + F and type the search term.
If you are used to searching by clicking on the search field then it should be more convenient now as you don't need to switch to the search tab.

Upvote 0

ajk

Licensed User
Longtime User
In relation to the search field:
In my opinion the goal should be to configure the fields so that you do not have to use the mouse at all. I am using macro tools to move between found entries in the search list and perform other functions without mouse.

I think that this should be done with the help of built-in tools in b4x. Using the mouse significantly slows down writing.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
In my opinion the goal should be to configure the fields so that you do not have to use the mouse at all. I am using macro tools to move between found entries in the search list and perform other functions without mouse.
You don't need any macro. Click on Ctrl + F, enter the search term and click on the down arrow to select the result in the list.

Upvote 0

ajk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Absolutely yes, but if I want to review all instances of the list? First you need to get the focus on the results list, then go to the last highlighted on it and choose the next one, press Enter or click the mouse to let the main window show the searched phrase.
I do not complain, because I do it with one button of the keyboard.

Upvote 0