B4J Question B4J 8.90 IDE crashes when opening file dialog

MM2forever

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello guys,

I'm suddenly having really strange issues with the B4J 8.90 IDE on Windows 10 (B4A works fine, so I assume any dependencys are okay?)
I have not updated B4J or anything recently, and this morning I wanted to open a project via the "Open..." dialog and it just exited. I could open the project via the file explorer and it ran but simple stuff like doing CTRL + C also closed the IDE immediately.

I tried reinstalling and manually removing the "AppData\Roaming\Anywhere Software\B4J" - folder, but the neccessary .ini file in there was never created again at the first start so the IDE didn't start at all anymore.

How can this happen? How can I reset the IDE settings or initiate something like a "first run" procedure?
I tried starting it with "-log" but the log doesn't really help or show any crash behaviour reported.

Attachments

• log.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

MM2forever

Licensed User
Longtime User
The file dialog is a system dialog. If it crashes then the problem is in the dialog itself. Might be related to a previous mapped network drive. Worth restarting the PC.
Hey Erel, thanks for your reply.
Yes, I suspected something like that so I tried a couple of things, including multiple restarts, removing network connection and clearing multiple entrys of registry keys like that:

HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.b4j
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TypedPaths

What still bothers me is that its not only the file dialog. Starting a new project also causes the crashing, and the CTRL+C is also a weird source for a crash.
I work with B4J every day, and this came out of nowhere.
Are there any more detailed debug possibilities?
Could any programm I installed have changed a dependency that is now causing this? I also did a Malware scan but I don't find anything suspicious on my computer.

Any help is highly appreciated :)

Upvote 0

MM2forever

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, I should have thought of that earlier:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: B4J.exe, Version: 8.9.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x60250383
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: clr.dll, Version: 4.8.3815.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5cdb7147
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0002c2b8
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x31f8
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d7197299f45ee4
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\B4J.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Berichtskennung: 8d395b53-c7b5-4716-9638-917167905ea6
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:
and
Anwendung: B4J.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund eines internen Fehlers in der .NET-Laufzeit beendet. bei IP 6FDDC2B8 (6FDB0000) mit Exitcode 80131506.

Looks like I need to have a word with my .NET installation!

(I tried the CTRL+C in B4A as well just now and it crashed too btw.)

Upvote 0