B4J Tutorial B4J Educational Video Series

Please, see the following links for HD videos teaching B4J from the very beginning all the way through to a working application. The list will be updated in this first post as new videos are completed for the series:

Introduction to Anywhere Software (not B4J specific):

Installation & Configuration:

Explore the IDE:

Foundation:

Bridge:

UI App / Designer:

WebApp / IoT with Raspberry Pi:

IoT Code Modification on Raspberry Pi:

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Interesting...

I was actually going to suggest to Erel that an introduction course of Basic programming (pun intended ;)) using B4J should be made and published on Udemy and which could boost B4J. This course could later on be extended by video courses covering B4A and B4i to boost the B4X platform further.

Personally I would publish them on Udemy instead of YouTube (I don't know why but it seems more serious and appropriate ;))

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would add subtitles in English as well. The B4X products are used (and may be used in the future) by many non native English speaking people. Many can read English (for instance the forum) but might have difficulties in understanding and picking up spoken English. Just some thoughts..

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good suggestion about the subtitles. I'll look into it with the software I am using. Thanks!

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Note that YouTube adds captions automatically. You just need to click on the CC button (it is not perfect).

I know that YouTube offers this but as you say, it is not perfect :) ... but it gets the job done. However, proper and correct transcripts/subtitles are better in my opinion and give a more professional impression on the viewer.

I would also consider Udemy (free courses can be published too)...

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
All updates will be posted to the first message in the thread!

Last edited:

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Mark,

Any chance or interest in doing a series for ABMaterial?
So many newbies get stuck on where to start and how to proceed with this excellent addon framework for B4J.

Just a thought, Thanks.

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Mark,

Any chance or interest in doing a series for ABMaterial?
So many newbies get stuck on where to start and how to proceed with this excellent addon framework for B4J.

Just a thought, Thanks.
I will investigate it. I am actually getting back into this finally. I've been going through B4x withdrawal LOL :p. My "day job" has finally stabilized.