B4J Question B4J slow

claudiob4

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
a month ago B4J had become very slow. To solve the problem I reinstalled windows and reloaded all the applications. Everything worked well until yesterday. The problem has returned. But this time I understood why:
when you go on another network and through B4J you open a file calling it on the network from another PC then the problem arises. When you return to your network and open B4J, it tries to connect that PC or that folder. If you disconnect the network, the problem disappears. Restarting the pc is not enough, B4J has memorized the address and tries to reconnect until the timeout arrives, usually after tens of seconds.
How to solve the problem?

claudiob4

Licensed User
Longtime User
The project resides on my notebook. This application reads a file to perform processing. Launch B4J in debug, launch my application and open a file in the network and do the work. If I do this on my client's network, when I return to my network, the problem arises. If I restart my notebook the problem remains.

Upvote 0

claudiob4

Licensed User
Longtime User
I try to be clearer: start B4J in debug mode. I load a project from my local disk. Run the app that uses the FileChooser to choose a file on the network. I choose a file on the network from another PC. From now , if you change the network, B4J still tries to connect that file or folder until the timeout is reached, either when you reopen it or when you compile a project.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jmon

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4J still tries to connect that file or folder until the timeout is reached, either when you reopen it or when you compile a project.
You can try kill process (bottom left in b4j). That should kill every child process I think.

Upvote 0

claudiob4

Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem is solved. I refer to the IDE. B4J in the File menu list the last open projects. If one of these projects has been opened on another network, it still tries to connect it. At the opening of any project or compilation, retry this connection until the timeout is reached. I solved by opening many projects residing on my notebook until the project that does not reside on my network came out of the list of the last open projects. Now everything is fine.

I add, B4J when it starts, check that the projects in the list under the file menu are existing. I tried to rename a project and B4J took it off the list. But if the project has a network address, to verify its existence it accesses the network and tries until the timeout is reached. In that case, do not delete it, but try again at every opening or every compilation. This makes B4J look very slow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0