Other B4J v9.5 BETA is available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is the first 64 bit version of B4X IDE.
It will not run on 32 bit OS.
The new version will be installed in "program files" and not in "program files (x86)".
Download link: https://www.b4x.com/b4j/files/beta.exe

1650266560645.png

Switching to 64 bit architecture allows the IDE to better handle large projects.

Other than that this update adds text alignment support for TextField and a few bug fixes.

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel
B4X:
j.PostBytes(testlink & "?method=test", Null)
this line of code that worked with the 32-bit version, fails with the 64-bit version
With this it works correctly
B4X:
j.PostBytes(testlink & "?method=test", Array As Byte())

Upvote 0

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel!
I'm trying to install the beta on my Parallels Windows 11 VM but it doesn't work even if I try with combinations of running compatibility! The VM and, of course Win11, is ARM64 architecture but the normal B4J 32bit version has been installed normally! The message it shows is attached.

The Win11 specs:
Device name vfaf-vm11
Processor Apple Silicon 3.20 GHz (4 processors)
Installed RAM 16,0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-23 194551.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-23 194551.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Upvote 0

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
After I get this error popup and this log

[IDE message - 2:02:44]
An error occurred.
Destination array was not long enough. Check destIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

I have to restart B4J IDE to run anything (release or debug).

The error occurs when the size of the Log panel is greater then 4000. [Edit: much greater >10000]
I know I can get around it. But should the error not be handled more gracefully?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Depending upon the source of that error message it looks like either Parallels or Windows 11 on ARM cannot run 64bit x64 programs. there is probably nothing you can do about that.
Hello @agraham! The strange thing is that the 32bit B4J version has been installed and works but I have some memory usage problems!

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have to restart B4J IDE to run anything (release or debug).

The error occurs when the size of the Log panel is greater then 4000.
I know I can get around it. But should the error not be handled more gracefully?
Can you start a new thread and provide more information?

Hello Erel!
I'm trying to install the beta on my Parallels Windows 11 VM but it doesn't work even if I try with combinations of running compatibility! The VM and, of course Win11, is ARM64 architecture but the normal B4J 32bit version has been installed normally! The message it shows is attached.
Try to skip the installation step using this tool: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-b4j-no-installation-deployment.123203/#content

Upvote 0

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is the first 64 bit version of B4X IDE.
It will not run on 32 bit OS.
The new version will be installed in "program files" and not in "program files (x86)".
Download link: https://www.b4x.com/b4j/files/beta.exe

View attachment 128031

Switching to 64 bit architecture allows the IDE to better handle large projects.

Other than that this update adds text alignment support for TextField and a few bug fixes.
I hope that there is still a option to select your own folder for installation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.