B4A Library [B4X][B4Xlib] lmVBStrFuncs

UPDATE: V. 2.00 (please, read this post).

B4XLib that provides 12 VB6/VBA string functions.

Being a B4XLib, you can use it in B4A, B4J, B4i and is possible to read/modify the source code.

I have decided to develop only those for which there are no analogues or identical in B4X.

Remember that we spend time developing, during which we drink coffees, so offer me at least one :)

String functions:
  • Instr
  • InStrRev
  • Join
  • Left
  • LTrim
  • Mid
  • Replace
  • Right
  • RTrim
  • Space
  • Split
  • StrReverse

Version 1.0

Attachments

• lmVBStrFuncs_1_0.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 512
  • lmVBStrFuncs.b4xlib
    2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So finally you did it, @LucaMs :)

Lots of members are looking for it.
After reading a new request for the IIF function, I thought I'd look at what can be "fetched" from VB and "imported" into B4X.
A lot of B4X programmers come from VB6.

[I have not added IIF here because it is not a string function and because Erel will implement it in next B4X versions].

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
others that can be added:

🤪🤪🤪
I have seen (now). Instead, @Mashiane should be suggested to group those snippets by category and create N B4XLibs.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Remember that we spend time developing, during which we drink coffees, so offer me at least one :)
I had to make and drink coffee at home, by my hands. Yet the library got 31 downloads, so some people are interested.
This is probably due to the stinginess or poverty of our B4X "colleagues" 😁

Incidentally, the coffee machine (moka), in pure stainless steel... now has a hole in it! Leaking water from the bottom; I never imagined that steel...! Well, it is at least 30 years old.
This last thing gave me an idea:
for the next libraries/tools that (maybe) I will publish (no more b4xlib nor sources), I will use the "wedding list" method: an Amazon list of items I need 😄

Um... actually I would also need a car and I don't think Amazon sells them. Okay, I'll choose a different site for this one. 😂

Last edited:

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
poverty of our B4X "colleagues"
This one
😑

And - the exchange Rate -
But we do all appreciate your contributions and sharing.
😑
🙀

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
try to reciprocate with codes, tips, help etc
Will do when I've had enough pratice at this stuff. . . . .But I can tell you how to bake bread at this stage. . . . :rolleyes:

andredamen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you please tell me how to use this library. I put it in my project but I'm unable to us it and I'm a VB6 programmer.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you please tell me how to use this library. I put it in my project but I'm unable to us it and I'm a VB6 programmer.

1624903760966.png

Clipboard02.jpg

Last edited:

Heuristx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe you can consider adding a Count. For example, yo0u have a string of comma-separated values. By getting AString.Count(",") we can see how many items there are in the line.

Lello1964

Licensed User
Longtime User
I suggest add this function from VisualFoxpro :

ICASE( lCondition1, eResult1 [, lCondition2, eResult2] ...
[, eOtherwiseResult])

Last edited:

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
B4XLib that provides 12 VB6/VBA string functions.

For your health, we encourage you to drink water 'of the rubinett'
So we don't need to support you with coffee

😅😂🤣