Wish [B4X] GetPath & GetFileName

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've probably aged a little too much :confused: 😩 and I can't remember where the B4A functions are to extrapolate the Path and FileName from a FullPath (I know how to do it, how to create my own two functions, of course... @stevel05 ;)).

The point is that B4J has them in the best place:

1681478538499.png

1681478550944.png

but in B4A they are not there, in File.

So this "Wish" is to ask that the two functions be added to the File class or, perhaps, to the XUI library, since the purpose of this is to use it to make the source compatible with the (current) 3 platforms.

Thank you.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, thanks @DonManfred , I got them from there, a while ago ;)

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh boy... this is what I've always done. I didn't even think to see if there's an easier way. Thanks @LucaMs and @DonManfred

For my next trick... I will invent something round and rolly... I will call it a .... "wheel" 😂

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh boy... this is what I've always done. I didn't even think to see if there's an easier way. Thanks @LucaMs and @DonManfred

For my next trick... I will invent something round and rolly... I will call it a .... "wheel" 😂
I had to create those functions too, in the past.
I probably also put them in my lmSnippetManager, but that was closed now and I was online, so I did a quick search and found @DonManfred's functions, so...!