Share My Creation B4X Launcher

B4X-LAUNCHER
Version 3!!

The Graphical aspect has been completely redone, and is now less intrusive and slick.

The main changes are:
  • 8 Configurable Extra-Apps Launcher
  • Ability to launch either of the 4 B4X iDE's (B4A, B4I, B4J and B4R) with a blank project.
  • Ability to launch the IDE with one of the "recent projects" listed
  • Listed Recent Files now only show accessible files

The Color Scheme of as well as Anywhere Software logo are used with the implicit authorization from @Erel.
This said, B4X-Launcher is in NO WAY affiliated, endorsed or even approved by Anywere Software and must not be thought as part of the companie's software bundles.

I created this Launcher out of my own need, and decided to share it so that others that share this need can profit from it.

To avoid the previous release problems with the EXE packager, and since 99% or the users of this launcher already have Java installed, I provide only the JAR file.

Special Thanks to:
@lemonisdead for the beta state feedback
@rwblinn for his code snippets on how to add a tooltip to images
@Erel for his snippet on how to grab any file's icon

Notes: This final release has some minor differences from the previous Beta version, Listed as Follows:
  1. Only 8 External Apps can be launched, instead of the previous 10.
  2. A system tray icon has been added, with it you can perform 3 actions:
  • Launch the Settings, the settings icon is no longer available in the main Launcher.
  • Launch the About dialog, the info icon is no longer available in the main Launcher.
  • Exit the Launcher.
I will not be compiling this into an executable, if you wish, you can compile it yourself.

Attachments

• B4X LOGO.png
    B4X LOGO.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 7,462
  • B4X-LauncherV3.jar
    394.9 KB · Views: 591
Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice!

2 bugs?
1) I guess each b4x app should have an image in their respective rectanges? I cannot see any (only grey areas). See screenshot.
2) when I tap on a recent project file, only an empty default project is being opened (just like when you open the b4x)

Hope it helps..

noimages.png

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm afraid I have no way to test it since in my side all works OK
It should show the IDE's logos, even if no path is set and the buttons are disabled like the B4I in my screenshot.
what language are you using?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-03-01 23.18.21.png
    Screenshot 2016-03-01 23.18.21.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 605

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I selected English.

Maybe it is related to the fact that I have my b4x apps installed in the C:\Anywhere Software\... folder and not in Program Files. I indicated the paths in Settings.

I am using Win10 Professional.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow, impressive. Thank you very much for that useful tool.
The French version is OK. But I do confirm that the icons are not shown for me too.
My paths are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software. I will try to create symlinks to try

Edit: sorry no, it doesn't fix
01/03/2016 23:47 <SYMLINKD> Anywhere Software [c:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software]

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, unfortunately I cannot see the app-logos :(

However, on the bright side, now when tapping on recent project file, the project is opened.

Wish: I would prefer the recent file took into consideration file-locations because it seems like it shows the history. If I open a project, then close it and then re-open it, it shows two recent files while the project is actually only one.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, unfortunately I cannot see the app-logos :(

It's getting a bit weird, please test the .jar file attached...

However, on the bright side, now when tapping on recent project file, the project is opened.

Glad to read that!!

Wish: I would prefer the recent file took into consideration file-locations because it seems like it shows the history. If I open a project, then close it and then re-open it, it shows two recent files while the project is actually only one.
That's the way B4X lists the recent files... I will take it into consideration.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Works for me too. Thanks :)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
so the B4J Inno dependant packager is causing all these issues.... BTW, I compiled it in a 32BIT system, @lemonisdead is running a 64bit system, how about you @moster67 ??

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry but I only saw your post now.
Yes, now it works fine :) Many thanks also for showing only unique projects in the recent project list.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Its kind of funny how now I use it every time as an entry point to my IDE's... It has become a very useful tool to me.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Version 1.23 Uploaded and First Post updated;

Main improvement:

Remote location files, like another computer in your network or a server location, can now be launched from the recent files list.

At this point, unless someone cames up with an one-off request/idea for this, This tool as reached it's evolution peak... Until @Erel releases another IDE for us.