They are very annoying.

[Windows 7]

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-11_3-33-26.png
    upload_2017-10-11_3-33-26.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 333

mindful

Licensed User
It happens to me many times in B4J on windows 10, but I haven't found a way to reproduce it. To make it dissapear I just go back to the ide (and sometimes I need to move the cursor or make a click in the ide)

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
How do you reproduce it?
Put the cursor over a keyword in B4A's window so the pop-up appears. Now change to any other app (or even screen) and you'll see the pop-up floating over

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't reproduce it!
win10
B4J 5.90
java version "1.8.0_141"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_141-b15)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.141-b15, mixed mode)

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
FlotingIssue.jpg

It pretty much stays on top. I'm running B4J 5.90 on Win10 Pro in Parallels.

Update: On another machine with Win10 Pro, again via Parallels, the hover sticks. On a third machine that has Win10 Pro run "natively", the hover does not stick. I'll try at home where I have B4J on another Win10 Pro box ("natively").

Update 2: Machine at home (Win 10 Pro - Native), no issues.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 103

This behavior has nothing to do with B4x!
I know this for a long time, with MS Visual Studio and in all versions.
I think it is a Windows system error.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think it is a Windows system error.
If it was, don't you think every B4X user shouldn't been able to reproduce it ? And if it was a system error, don't you think any other software generating pop-ups shouldn't behave like this ?

D

Deleted member 103

If it was, don't you think every B4X user shouldn't been able to reproduce it ? And if it was a system error, don't you think any other software generating pop-ups shouldn't behave like this ?
As far as I know, it has a lot to do with operating system and graphics card.

D

Deleted member 103

I have to correct myself, it's really a B4a error.
Here are 3 tests with Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2017 and B4a.
But this is the smallest problem for me.

Visual-Studio-2008
Visual-Studio_2008.gif

B4a
B4a.gif

Visual-Studio-2017
Visual-Studio_2017.gif

B4a.gif Visual-Studio_2008.gif Visual-Studio_2017.gif

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think it would help to know which win version the users that report this issue are using...
I am using 32bit win10, no issue to report

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
I get this too (Win7).

Erel, Would it be better to put the help text in its own window, similar to the Layout Designer, rather than in a tooltip? Then the text is there when you need it, doesnt disappear as you type, can be copy/pasted, doesnt get in the way, etc etc. Could even put the whole docs in that window and have the cursor jump to the command accordingly. This method could include a search function too. Should I put this in Wishes?

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, I get that too, all the time. Quite easy to trigger, using methods other in the thread described.

I'm on Win10, 64bit.

upload_2017-10-12_13-2-1.png

upload_2017-10-12_13-3-53.png

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
its very simple to reproduce it

make b4j half of the screen so the code is not fully shown.

b4jbug1.png

then go over a line and move your mouse fast to the right side (not to the left) you need to move it to the window that holds the modules, libraries, files,...

b4jbug2.png

what i have found is that moving the mouse to the left side will hide those notifications.
only if you move your mouse from the right side and then you can move the b4j window around but stay outside the window and then move it back to the left outside the b4j ide you will have that notification there.