Android Question B4xFloatTextField focus event

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a focuschanged event for the B4xFloatTextField?
If so, how?
Thanks,
Rusty

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can see the available event in the IDE:

SS-2019-05-20_11.05.12.png

Currently there is no focused event. What do you need it for?

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I could see the available events, but you have, in the past shown "undocumented" events/methods that have been very helpful :)

I have created a large "form" that spans more than one screen. I want to be able to scroll the form to show the focused b4xFloatTextField so the user can see what they are typing.
Other ideas are welcome.
Rusty

Upvote 0

Eldad Onojetah

Licensed User
I usually have the following in my Manifest editor
B4X:
SetActivityAttribute(_name_of_activity_here, android:windowSoftInputMode, stateHidden|adjustResize)

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Eldad, I have this in my manifest already, but am not clear what it is supposed to do.
can you please advise?
Rusty

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Alternately, I'd like to invoke an input dialog that will bring the input field to the forefront; allow entry and then disappear, but I still need to know which view has focus...I think...

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Perfect!!
Thanks for all the help. The B4xPreferencedDialog is what I need.
(However, the OPTIONS display is inconsistent with Text, numeric and password display. OPTIONS displays as bold and the hint is to the left instead of above like the rest...)
Thanks!!

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, this is working well, except I still need a Focus event or even a Click event.
The reason is because I need to display a "Tool Tip" for the item being edited.
I can see the IME Height changed event, which could work, but there is no SENDER or way (I can see) to detect which item within the dialog was clicked, focused, etc. to determine the proper tooltip.
BTW, the tooltip is available within a type structure within the preference dialog class, but since there is no focus event, the tooltip can't get set.
Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated :)
Rusty

Upvote 0