Android Question [B4XPages] B4XPages questions

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!

I have written a taxi calling app with custom web socket push framework. The app has a starter service for global objects declaration and a pushservice service for handling the communication between server and mobile device. The pushservice also handles the Location and GPS functionality.
I was very impressed with the B4XPages framework that I'm going to switch this app to B4XPages.
My problem is that I can't figure out what to do with the two services. I mean I don't understand how to implement the pushservice and starter service. And do I need them for background tasks? When B4XPages app is in background, are the services working?
Does anyone have used the B4XPages with such services? How the app behaves?

Thank you in advance!

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Relevant example: [B4X] [B4XPages] Firebase Push Example

You cannot access B4XPages from the background service. B4XPages will only be ready after the main activity was created.
Hello Erel!

Thank you for your response!
I would like to ask you regarding to the B4XPages concept, if it is needed to have a push service like custom websocket framework and a starter service for global variables declaration. I would like to mention that I need a foreground service functionality in order to keep my app running, wake it up in some cases, prevent to be totally closed from Android and send and receive messages via web socket even if the app is in background.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Upvote 0