Wish B4XTable - CellClicked event

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It would have been useful if the event also provided the value of the clicked cell:
B4X:
Sub B4XTable1_CellClicked (ColumnId As String, RowId As Long, Value As Object)
so you don't have to write the following code:
B4X:
Sub B4XTable1_CellClicked (ColumnId As String, RowId As Long)
   Dim RowData As Map = B4XTable1.GetRow(RowId)
   Dim cell As String = RowData.Get(ColumnId)
   Log(cell)
End Sub
I assume that due to backwards compatibility it is now no longer possible to change the signature of that event.
You could create a CellClicked2 or CellClick event.

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sub B4XTable1_CellClicked (ColumnId As String, RowId As Long, Value As Object)
I just saw this thread:. Not necessarily. You can still show Col_2 cell value even if Col_1 was clicked the way it is now. Usually it is the value of the cell you click that you are interested in, but what if Col_2 is disabled, you cannot click on it, but if you click on a cell in Col_1, you can still get the value in Col_2 cell.
B4X:
Sub B4XTable1_CellClicked (ColumnId As String, RowId As Long) 
   Dim RowData As Map = B4XTable1.GetRow(RowId)
    Dim cell As String = RowData.Get("Col_2")  'You can still show Col_2 cell value even if Col_1 was clicked
'   Dim cell As String = RowData.Get(ColumnId)
   Log(cell)
End Sub

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, it is already possible to get the cell value, but doesn't it seem simple and mostly logical to you to get it directly as a parameter in the Click event?
I would say this is indisputable.

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not a bad wish, but maybe we should let Erel answer this. Why do I have to answer. After all it is his library. I hope he reads it and respond.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…