Android Question .BAL file not loading

Rogerardo

Licensed User
Longtime User
New application will not run. Screen seems to be bring picked up from wrong location.
I have just upgraded to the latest version. Created a very simple project (all it does is display a simple screen)
When I try to run, the .bal file seems to be trying to load from /data/user/0/RY.ScreenSizer/files/virtual_assets/screensizer.bal.
How do I change this location? What should the location be?
All I have done is create a new project and a screen and tried to run it.
The only code in the project is
Activity.LoadLayout("ScreenSizer")

Rogerardo

Licensed User
Longtime User
All I did to generate the .bal file was to go into the designer, create a simple screen, then save it. It is in the "Files" folder of the application.
I am just a little frustrated. I had no issues with the previous version. I upgraded to the latest due to my main application not running properly on Samsung Galaxy TabA tablets. All appeared OK until I encountered this problem. My main appliocation still works (though still not on TabA's). It appears to me that the .Bal file is being picked up from a folder other than the applications own Files folder but I cannot find where this is configured.

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
You might try removing the file in your file folder of your project with that remove button at the bottom area, then use the Add Files button to replace it from where you store all your app files. I have tried this before for a successful remedy.

Upvote 0