B4J Tutorial [BANanoWebix] Form Builder / Designer

Ola

New: BANanoWebix App Creation Process

BANanoWebix

Download BANanoWebix

NB: The official webix form builder is here, it does not work with BANanoWebix
NB: The BWFD used SQLite with PHP and should be run from a webserver (NOT THE WEBSERVER FOR CROME)

Development Servers you can use

1. XAMPP
2. Laragon

Now that BANanoWebix is steady and ready for production apps, well why not have an additional pack to this, a form builder / designer.

It's still early stages but this builder will work in conjuction with your BANanoWebix app development cycle. What you do here is basically create your views and you will be able to copy the code to your webix app as the syntax will be BANAnoWebix scoped.

Let's see how one can use the property sheet to set some options and then have their button created.

Known Issues: A time lag between clicking Save and view drawn on screen. Might have to just save twice for now. Will investigate further

PS: The rest of the components will be posted on this thread on how to create them with the BANanoWebix-FormDesigner

Last edited:

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Phase 1 of the form designer is almost complete. The first RC is here.

The code has been re-written to now use PHP SQLite as a backend as we wanted to persist the data saved. Whilst one is able to preview and make changes to their elements to use in their BANanoWebix Apps, the generated source code can be easily copied to the B4J IDE to use in developing the app.

Only the form components have been emphasized. Changing a property in the property bag effects the changes to the element look and feel and changes the source code dynamically also.

Updated code on first post Download

Last edited:

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Mashiane
why all the entries is not saved?
appears always the message:
'0 record(s) affected'
I can't 'insert' anything

Last edited:

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you please include a console.log(??) so that we can see what is happening? Are you running a webserver? if not, this is using SQLite with PHP and should be run from a webserver.
With 200 ok WebServer it didn't work well (maybe I'm wrong), but with xampp work fine.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
2019-07-25 Update

1. The form designer and the BANanoWebix Demo source code have now been consololidated into 1 project for ease of maintenance.

2. Headers (black circle) now include the source code page reference so that one can track back the source code demoed on that page.

3. You access the form designer from the side menu (green circle), its always the first item.

4. Version 1.18 of BANanoWebix and the BANanoWebixApp available on github

5. I am developing using Laragon and thus my publish / build folder is

B4X:
Publish = "C:\laragon\www"

if you are using XAMPP, leave this as

B4X:
Publish = "C:\xampp\htdocs"

BANanoWebixApp.gif