Wish BCTextEngine should change mouse cursor to hand when mouse moves over [URL]

Diceman

Licensed User
When a mouse appears over the url tag it should appear as a hand pointer so the user knows it is clickable.

B4X:
We can also add links, for example: https://www.google.com. You can click on the link. The title will be updated.

The mouse pointer incorrectly shows up as an arrow pointer when hovering over the www.google.com URL. The mouse pointer should really be displayed as a hand pointer so the user knows they can click on it. The mouse when hovering over a view should appear the same as in a regular windows app.

BCTextEngine_UrlMousePointer.png

Diceman

Licensed User
Looks good! :p

I'm wondering if you should do the same with any view that has a mouse click event attached to it? The Btn for example has a btn_event attached to it. It would be nice if the mouse cursor turned into a hand pointer so the user knows to click on it. I added an ImageView with a ImageView1_MouseClicked event and I can click on it and trigger the event just fine within the text. Works great. But the user doesn't know the ImageView1 is clickable without the mouse turning into a hand pointer.

If detecting events is too difficult, then just add a mouseover option as in "[View=ImageView1 mouseover=handpoint]". This would probably be simpler and more flexible. Then it is up to the developer to control the look and feel of the mouse cursor in the text. Without the mouse cursor changing when the mouse passes over a view/text that requires action, makes it appear the text is static (when it isn't). Adding a visual change in the mouse when it moves over something that requires an action makes the text more dynamic and far more powerful.

There are quite a few different types of mouse cursors to choose from that could be useful to define them as constants so they can be used elsewhere too.