Wish Be able to select multiple items inside a panel with a mouse selection box

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Right now, I can right-click the mouse in the designer window and drag from bottom right to upper left - and this creates a shaded "selection" window. And when I release the mouse, it will select all the items in the shaded area.

The problem is that most of my views are located on a panel. So if I just want to select just some of the view on the panel, I can not using the above "shadow" selection box because as soon as the mouse pointer is within the panel, it turns into a four-arrow "move" icon to indicate I can move the panel.

What would be cool is if I could hold down the shift-key and turn that mouse pointer back to an arrow and allow me to start a shaded selection box *while inside a panel*.

This way I can move around a group of items *within* a panel instead of having to manually hold down the control key and click on each and every item I want to move as a group.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Note that you can use shift to select multiple views in the views tree:

test.gif

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Thank you for that tip. However, that method only allows you to quickly multi-select items that are alphabetically close to one another in the tree, which rarely are the items that I am interested in selecting.

I need a method like VB6 had to select items near each other geographically in the layout by drawing a box around the items of interest.