Better values display for user definded types in debugger

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

I use a big user defined type (which uses nested user defined types and lists etc).

If I want to debug my app I have the problem that I can't see the whole values of the type in the popups because it get cropped somewhere. I think that is done to keep the data transfer between the device and the debugger on a lower level.

In my source I have many lines where I access data from my type like "mytype.anySubType.anotherSubEntry". If I move the mouse over the mytype keyword the popup with the whole data of the structure appears (though it is cropped here, too so most times I don't see the values I need). It would be absolutely great if I move the mouse over the anySubType keyword that the values of this subtype appear and if I move the mouse over the anotherSubEntry keyword the value of the subentry should appear.

Do you think this is somehow possible?

It's really hard to debug such big user defined types so it would be great if you find a solution for this.

Thanks.

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There are plans to allow "pulling" of specific data.

Great. Something like the table in b4ppc would be very helpful.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Something like the table in b4ppc would be very helpful.
Note that debugging in Basic4android is very different than debugging in Basic4ppc. In Basic4ppc the application is running in an internal interpreter during debugging. This is not possible in Basic4android as the IDE actually connects to a regular remote process running on the phone.