Games Billiard Game (Just the Beginning!)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The question should be: how could we make 3D graphics at this level.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xs.pooltd

10.000.000 + downloads

with this tool:

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that @Sandman wants to say "a very 'strange', unusual" look; for example, only the outlines of objects, in black and white.
For you it might be strange. That's an opinion I would categorize as "strange". 🙂 As for the game Hook, I find it beautiful.

But yes, reduce everything down to the absolute minimum. As one could assume, as I described it as "minimalistic".

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For you it might be strange. That's an opinion I would categorize as "strange". 🙂 As for the game Hook, I find it beautiful.

But yes, reduce everything down to the absolute minimum. As one could assume, as I described it as "minimalistic".
I wrote 'strange' in quotes; in fact it would be a way to make the app particular, probably unique.

Perhaps, however, it is not a type of graphics suitable for pool games.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

but why would it be more interesting than having a real filling of the play? i dont see a reason to download a pool game that is only made of lines with low graphics. i would prefer to have it with nice graphics and special effects.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i dont see a reason to download a pool game that is only made of lines with low graphics
I never said "low graphics". But sure, I know when I can't contribute any more so I'll leave this thread. Good luck. 🙂

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The 8 ball may have an image/photo instead of the number.

A player, under certain conditions, could close one of the 6 holes when it is his opponent's turn.

Add chat.

Possibility to bet: "I win before you can pocket N balls".

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A player, under certain conditions, could close one of the 6 holes when it is his opponent's turn.

this is a nice idea but this is also the biggest problem.
most games of this kid use multiplayer option. i have no experience with multiplayer integration in a game.
i guess i would also need servers etc what means more costs.
i saw once a thread of someone sharing here a library @Informatix wrote for him that is a multiplayer library for a game.
but i could not understand how it works.
this is a topic that was not discussed enough in this forum and i really would like to have a thread dedicated only for this with working examples and a lot of info.
this is very important if we want to make good games with the potential to have lots of downloads.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i think i have an idea for a new billiard game. more simple but fun. a nice time killer and not something with to much work

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

if i will want to use a different ide than b4x to make games (3d or 2d) then i will rather learn Unity than anything else.
i think unity is the best way to make 3d games today because of the huge amount of tutorials and sources that you can find.
anyway, i would prefer to have something for b4x. although ogre1 looks really nice i still would go for unity.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
if i will want to use a different ide than b4x to make games (3d or 2d) then i will rather learn Unity than anything else.
i think unity is the best way to make 3d games today because of the huge amount of tutorials and sources that you can find.
anyway, i would prefer to have something for b4x. although ogre1 looks really nice i still would go for unity.
It's very true (many years ago I followed a tutorial that allowed me to create a game for PC, then adapted for Android).

But I was hoping that Ogre3D would provide such APIs that it could be wrapped to a B4A library.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Personally, for mobile games, I prefer pool type games to be 2D, not 3D. 3D for pool on mobile feels like a gimmick. Look at some other good examples of 2D working better: