Android Question Bluetooth Download Manager

SJQ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

We sell a specific Android Device and the customer uses numerous cameras that send images via Bluetooth (the cameras are paired already and not necessarily android devices)

I don’t need to process the file transfer itself, the customer is happy to use the standard Bluetooth file transfer between the Cameras and the Android device.

So we come along with an application that needs to use the images transferred, that itself is not a problem! But the application runs Full Screen and without Title bar.

Is there a way to detect incoming Bluetooth Transfers/Notifications and display the accept file downlaod message box without having to hide our app?

Or is there a way to display the Bluetooth Download Manager using an intent?

Regards

SJQ

Licensed User
Longtime User
The dialog remains hidden. the user has to swipe down on the notifications area and tap the incoming transfer request, then the dialog appears.
if I keep the app in full screen then this is something the user cannot do.

This is likely an issue with the device as on my test devices the popup appears every time, regardless of what app is running.

I found some code to programmatically show the notifications bar at run time but this only appears to work the once on this device type.

for the moment we are instructing the customers to tap a new button I added to the interface that brings up the Bluetooth settings page to allow them to deal with the transfer, then when they press the back button it returns to our activity.
Not ideal but working.

Upvote 0