Wish Bookmarks.

qle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please..

I know i have navigate back and forth..
but i do not want to navigate though locations that are not relevant to my current context.

fredo

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's now all integrated in B4A IDE 6.30. Thank you!

Erel, would you please, please, please consider adding "bookmarks" to the top priorities of the very next B4A update?

I really, really miss the bookmarks, since my productivity depends heavily on the pinpoint usability of the bookmarks.

The alt+n feature and fow/backw is nice but not helpful if the sub is longer than one or two screens.

To keep my every workday speed up right now I use the IDE 4.3 and then switch to IDE 5.5 before rollout to benefit from the "Application_Error" integration.

Also with the missing tab-navigation with ctrl+PgUp/PgDn it is a real "pain" to go to another module. I have to move the hand from the keyoard to find the mouse, then aim&click, than move the hand back to the keyboard and find the right hand position. It was very intuitive in the "old" IDE.

It seems to sound naggy, but besides the other important things that are in the pipeline I think you would make all those "pure keyboard"-guys very, very, very happy.

Last edited:

sea121

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not the same... I could place the bookmark where I want, instead it is not so easy to switch between many modules,
Normally I work with over 30,000 lines of code, having modules with more than 300 lines..
and when I have to make some change it brings me to correct the code on many key points.
stop using the bookmark it has unfortunately resulted in me a substantial slowdown.
I have used all of the previously described techniques, but it is not the same thing.
I continue to hope for the future.. considering that I appreciate very much what Erel has done.

qle

Licensed User
Longtime User
i agree with sea121.
While the "various navigation options" helps.. its not the same or as efficient as bookmarks, when jumping around trying to keep track of relevant points in the code.
I can have up to 10+ different points, and opening many windows is not practical.
However, im sure Erel is well aware of this and i think i read somewhere this is not up to Erel as the core IDE is Actipro?
So we can only hope in the future is will be added again.
Still, i love B4A and the fantastic work Erel has done so far.

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
i agree with sea121.
While the "various navigation options" helps.. its not the same or as efficient as bookmarks, when jumping around trying to keep track of relevant points in the code.
I can have up to 10+ different points, and opening many windows is not practical.
However, im sure Erel is well aware of this and i think i read somewhere this is not up to Erel as the core IDE is Actipro?
So we can only hope in the future is will be added again.
Still, i love B4A and the fantastic work Erel has done so far.

I have 157 files in my project. I NEED bookmarks.