Android Question Bug in IDE / Designer ?

fs007

My scenario is this: A simple app with one layout file. I compile this, and install it via b4a bridge on a device (Android 10) .
Then i change the layout a bit using designer and save the layout file of course.
Again i install on device, but: the layout does not change !

I tried several things: i did a "clean files", and deleted the whole "Objects" folder, but again,the app showed the old layout. Seems that it is cached somewhere, but where ?

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you are making small design changes - eg changing a single value - make sure that you press "Enter". If you leave the cursor on the entry line then the designer does not register the change, even when you save the designer file. Don't know if this is your problem, but it has been reported before.

Upvote 0

fs007

Thx for your help Brian, but the issue was a bit more complicated: There were different "variants" in the designer. I had changed the layout of one variant, but the device choose another one, for what reason ever.

Upvote 0

Ertan

Licensed User
Again i install on device, but: the layout does not change !
LoadLayout make sure you add the right layout inside.
Connect your phone to the computer via USB instead of the B4A Bridge and enable the USB Debugger mode on your phone. It might be better for your studies.

Maybe you're missing a place in your code. Can you throw your code?

Upvote 0