Android Question Building a calendar-scheduler application

Scotter

Licensed User
I want to build a scheduler/calendar app for Android. Bonus if I can do it with B4X for later translation to iOS.
By "scheduler" I mean an application with a calendar view (NOT reliant on or using established calendar application like Google Calendar).
I want to be able to create an event with title, description, date, time, category, recurring info, etc.

A search of this forum brought up https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/calendar-library.12495/ but that is so old I'm wary of using it.

Other search brought up some standalone calendars that don't seem to have scheduling or they are also old.

Ideas? I'm lazy so the more I can find that is already built, the better!

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Also it will be helpfull to move lessons to hours and days with finger in an edit mode...
Drag and drop is in any case a challenge, at release this will not yet be included, but possibly in the future, I must first evaluate whether this is possible.

Upvote 0

pliroforikos

Licensed User
Drag and drop is in any case a challenge, at release this will not yet be included, but possibly in the future, I must first evaluate whether this is possible.
1643010843890.png

This is a small demonstration of a student program here in Greece
And a teacher program is like this :
1643011015276.png

Upvote 0

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a small demonstration of a student program here in Greece
And a teacher program is like this :
I will try to find an option where you can configure the time ranges. Otherwise I would have always made 1 block = 30 minutes. In your case is 1 block = 45 minutes? or I see that the times are always different in length, here in Germany is 1 block = 45 minutes in the school.

Upvote 0

pliroforikos

Licensed User
I will try to find an option where you can configure the time ranges. Otherwise I would have always made 1 block = 30 minutes. In your case is 1 block = 45 minutes? or I see that the times are always different in length, here in Germany is 1 block = 45 minutes in the school.
yes sometimes its 45' or 40' or 35' even 1 hour and 30' ! It depends on the school level

Upvote 0

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Update of the progress :)

The month view is ready so far and works in B4J, B4A and B4I, only the last fine tuning is missing, but that will be done thoroughly in the end.

I started the day view, this is based on the ASViewPager, because there the swiping together with a list works very well and since today the ASViewPager even supports lazy loading.

Here are a few pictures, this view is still in a very early state, but already now I have solved the biggest problems.
bVPJDKhmiAamrbsyN84VKsW6AEGZv3wXKWCFOTL6me75x7cvgd.png
(4) image.png

The size of the blocks can be set, in the picture 1 block = 20dip, the dates and times are then oriented to it.

Upvote 0

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

I am optimistic and say that at the end of next week version 1 will be released. It won't be perfect until version 2.0 and a product matures best with the customer, but don't worry the views are stable so far, but there are certainly things I haven't considered or discovered yet.

Things that still need to be done (DayView):
  • 12/24h timeline
  • Appointments on top with a duration longer than one day
  • Scroll2Date
  • Some Properties
  • Quick Theming
klZyRbEGxocZ8CIfsRbugx7iZfqxRMDv1LmA4g0517XhaT4wjg.png
1644171654161.png

Things that are already in:
  • Based on ASViewPager
  • ASViewPager LazyLoading
  • Scrollable day area
  • Blackout days
  • Timeline
  • Header
  • TimeIndicator
    • with live updates if you enable it
  • Events
    • Appointment Click and LongClick
    • BlockSlot Click and LongClick
  • Visible Days
    • OneDay
    • ThreeDays
    • FiveDays
    • SevenDays
    • WorkWeek (5 Days, but skips the weekend on swipe)
  • Collision detection of appointments
  • Endless scroll
  • Recurring Appointments
One nice thing, if you enable the "CurrentTimeIndicatorLiveUpdates" Property then you can see the indicator moves every minute :)

Upvote 0

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Today is launchday, after 1 month of development. The development is far from complete, as surely one or the other still misses something.

DayView_0.png
MonthView_0.png

Upvote 0