iOS Question Built Apps wont run

Darren69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I am sure I have done something silly, or forgotten a small step, but when i am running an application via the bridge all is fine, program works, am happy.

Then I do a build for release, the app gets installed, but closes as soon as its opened.

I think that maybe its because I am using some assets that are located in the Files folder of my project and referenced using file.DirAssets.

Is there a step I have missed because if I just install a brand new clean app with just a colour change to the page 1 back ground it installs ok.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Darren

Darren69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good News - I was being Silly! - Seems I had a error that i had never addressed - so while the debugger just dealt with it, once installed as an app, it just caused a crash..

it would appear that you can initialize an object before you have defined it ;) I put it down to a bad copy and paste - and me not having the log window opened large enough - lesson learned.

Upvote 0

Hugh Thomas

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had a similar problem with my App. It worked fine in debug mode, but crashed on startup in release mode. Eventually tracked down the problem to an attempt to write to a file in File.DirAssets. iReleaseLogger was extremely helpful in figuring out this problem.

Upvote 0