Business strategies forum

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyway, 2.5 years to obtain 100.000 downloads are too many... at least for me :(!

I guess most people won't complain to reach that in 2.5 years.

google seems to have tweaked their search results code as I only get 176 results max via de web which makes appearing even more difficult.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are confusing the Business forum with the job offers forum.
"You are confused" would have been enough :D

google seems to have tweaked their search results code as I only get 176 results max via de web which makes appearing even more difficult.
There are cases to be "analyzed":

"Industrial Robotics 3D", 100.000 - 2.5 years

not so few, 500 - years!

and:
suddenly the installs started to grow and grow and now I'm getting about 3000 - 5000 installs a day

(searching for the post above, I realized that we should still use that thread, instead of a new dedicated forum).

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
nov 2016 > april 2017 ain't 1.5 years with the math system I use ;)

there's no line in how to get a successfull app. it's been discussed before that it more a luck factor.

look at informatix' great game that looks really professional and barely has installs. Unfortunately the store is full of such examples.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
nov 2016 > april 2017 ain't 1.5 years with the math system I use
But you use your math system when you're awake, that is the difference :D

there's no line in how to get a successfull app. it's been discussed before that it more a luck factor.
I disagree, I think luck has little to do.

The success of an app needs to be evaluated based on the number of installations and not the number of downloads; however, it is evident that the greater the number of downloads, the greater the likelihood that the number of installations is large (here comes the app quality and app "usefulness").

I could create the new "Gioconda of the apps" but if nobody knows nobody will download it and, obviously, nobody will keep the installation.

75% commercial strategy
20% quality & "usefulness"
5% luck

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
from what you read on the mighty net google takes a lot of stuff into account to move your app up or down in the list.

keywords (when using search)
install count
ratings
review
timespan based relation between install and uninstall/active counts

spending thousands on marketing will boost the installs but if they uninstall again after a day that install/uninstall ratio will be high and you'll probably drop again in the lists.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
they advertise to get their app on the top of the list. visibility = more installs

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@LucaMs before you build a strategy you should build an app :D

Anyway pixel knight has over 10k installs and it is about 5 month online but i can say that the revenue is very low so its not only how many installs or active users you have its more from where those users are if you count on ad's.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
active users is good for visibility aswell.

the ad part is indeed hard to figure out especially for countries in the asian area.
if there are no ads for that area they don't see anything at all I guess instead of doing a fall back to some random global ad.

not to mention the usage of ad blockers or airplane mode to avoid possible ads.