Android Question Camera auto focus fails on API 23

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The company i work for use a custom built android tablet that we can flash with either android API 19 or android API 23.
We have just realised that auto focus fails on any* app that uses the camera with API 23 but works fine with API 19.

Auto focus fails on API 23 using:
*Auto focus works on android's built in Camera app on API 23.
I tried to decompile the official android Camera app to see what code it uses to trigger auto focus but got nowhere, there's no classes.dex in the Camera2.apk i ripped from the tablet so i'm unable to see how it achieves a successful auto focus.

How can i debug this problem?
Should we suspect a bug in the build of android API 23 that was supplied with the tablet and ask the manufacturer to fix it?
Or could the problem be elsewhere?

Anyone got any constructive suggestions?

Thanks.

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

That is one of the online apk decompilers that i tried, i also tried downloading dex2jar.
The Camera2.apk does not contain the classes.dex file that the decompiler looks for.
A post on Stackoverflow says it could be because 'dex-preoptimization is enabled' and the apk contains a .odex file instead of a .dex file.
Camera2.apk does not contain a .odex file so i abandoned all attempts to get java source from the .apk file.

Upvote 0