Android Question Camera2 lib Issue?

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Got my app working fine on one tablet and a phone. Tried a different tablet (Insignia 10") and for some reason the image is very dark both viewing and after the picture is dark as well. With the built in camera app it is fine.

Screenshot below. Bottom image is what a picture looks like on my app. The top one is what it looks like with the built in camera app. I have messed with all of the settings available with camera lib to no avail .
Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.

upload_2019-3-8_21-34-58.png

Last edited:

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you tried the Camera2 example and tested it with different exposure settings?

Does it work better with Camera / CamEx (1) ?
I messed with all of the settings. The settings definitely changed things but nothing fixed the issue.
I have not tested with Camera/CamEx(1). Will test when I have the time.

Thanks Erel

Upvote 0

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
I messed with all of the settings. The settings definitely changed things but nothing fixed the issue.

Thanks Erel
Here is a screenshot of Camera2 (top), built in camera app (center), and Camera (bottom). I also notice that Camera2 does not seem to be able to fully 'unzoom'.

upload_2019-3-12_14-24-1.png

Note that in bright sunlight things seem fine. The pictures displayed were under a 60 watt lamp.
I would really like to stick with camera 2 as I have written a lot of code around it :rolleyes:.

Upvote 0

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User

Thanks Erel
And here is CamEx(1) and the built in camera app taken under a 60 watt light. Again you can see that the zoom is also not quite right.
upload_2019-3-12_15-17-36.png

Below is a picture taken with indirect sunlight.

upload_2019-3-12_15-19-49.png

As you can see, other than the zoom being off it looks OK. It seems to be an issue only with lower light conditions, or perhaps the color of the light.

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-12_15-11-28.png
    upload_2019-3-12_15-11-28.png
    208.8 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 0

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you tried the Camera2 example and tested it with different exposure settings?

Does it work better with Camera / CamEx (1) ?
Looks like I was wrong about it being tablet specific. My testing on the other tablet was probably just done in daylight. Here is the results for Camera, CamEX(1), and the built in app for a new Lenovo tablet running Android 8. As you can see the Camera 2 example is dark. Both Camera and Camera 2 have an issue with not being able to zoom all the way out.

upload_2019-3-12_18-58-48.png

Now that the sun is going down the results in my office become more obvious. In all cases zoom is set to minimum setting.
upload_2019-3-12_19-3-36.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-12_19-2-37.png
    upload_2019-3-12_19-2-37.png
    211.7 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 0