Share My Creation Client FTP

I was fascinated by the FTP client Erel showed in this post. Not having shared the source, I started creating a similar client several times, but soon after I gave up for lack of time and deleted all the source.

Up until today I've started all over again, thinking of something simple. Here is the result.

I can connect to the server and transfer files from the HardDisk by selecting Folders and files. I can also transfer folders and files with drag and drop. I also inserted a window with the LOGs

Still missing file deletion from FTP and Download from server to local disk. Which I will add as I have time. Here is a preview.

Dipendence: jNet,jXUI, SD_LoadingIndicator

Attachments

• clientFTP.zip
    11 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, but only if software running on Android had permission to access all folders.

in the day I will publish an update that will improve the code will add the deletion of files

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But how can software like MyPhoneExplorer read/write files on Android memory almost everywhere?
I have no idea, ask the question on the forum

Google has made exceptions. It seems to me that in an email received from Google it indicated that exceptions could be requested by justifying the request. If I remember correctly it indicated that antivirus could require the exceptionality of having permissions to access all folders

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Update:
  • Improved recursive code.
  • Added deletion from FTP
  • Added download from FTP

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Try asking Google if they give you permission
I don't have to post on Google Play. Becouse I don't need to create a folder explorer on the device.

But if you want to do it yourself and you don't publish on the store you could use write permissions on external memory and they would give access to all folders.

But this is off topic, open a specific thread for your questions.

Last edited:

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
But I don't have to post on Google Play. But I don't need to create a folder explorer on the device.

But if you want to do it yourself and you don't publish on the store you could use write permissions on external memory and they would give access to all folders.

But this is off topic, open a specific thread for your questions.

Yes, i mean for my app, not to publish on Play Store
And Internal memory?
MyPhoneExplorer can read also internal memory

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The last thing I added is the automatic synchronization between a local folder and an FTP.
So that as I write code and update files locally, the Application automatically updates them on the FTP server.

I'll use the jFileWatcher library to recognize file changes.

This latest update will not be published
1634372105840.png

Last edited:

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
The last thing I will add to the next time frame is the automatic synchronization between a local folder and an FTP.
So that as I encode and update files locally, the Application automatically updates them on the FTP server.

you could also add passive mode on / off to your credentials

Too bad you don't also share the file sync version,
it's a real cool, very useful ...
maybe you could release it with a donation .. what do you think?

The last thing I added is the automatic synchronization between a local folder and an FTP.
So that as I write code and update files locally, the Application automatically updates them on the FTP server.

Dear Star-Dust,
I am your fan and I clapped on your achievement without reading full message and then it made me sad when read "This latest update will not be published".
Please don't do that as I am still learning from this fantastic forum. I hope you will share latest code. Thanks.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @thetrueman ,

I thank you for the trust and appreciation.

This point I have explained several times. I don't like sharing my sources, I'm jealous of them.
But when I feel it is necessary for others to have a sample source to take a step forward I gladly share the sources.
As in this case, some don't know where to start to make a client and so I distributed my first draft of the source.

My goal is to help other developers grow professionally, not to prepare 'ready meals' for them. Those who wish can 'open the hood' and study the source so as to have a starting base and then expand it as they wish.

I hope that these shares can give new incentives to experiment with new fronts. This is not to be confused with distributing complete sources to users who only need to change a few layout colors and compile without knowing what's behind it.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you could also add passive mode on / off to your credentials
I am sure this will not be a difficult undertaking for you and you will be able to do it yourself. šŸ˜