iOS Question "closing" app

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I read that iOS doesn't allow to close an app and automatically go to Home screen.
Is there a way to show the Home screen or everything is in the hands of the user, so the app may stay there opened forever (or at least until iOS decides it's time to close it)?
If the latter, should I remove (B4xPages project) when compiling for iOS the button showing the Exit option along with the B4xPage_CloseRequest code?
Will Apple's reviewers reject my app if tyhey see that button?

Another point: using an horizontal xCLV I show one item at time. There's no visual clue that one can scroll left/right, so I added two arrows and related code.
Is this good or bad practice?
This is valid only when showing one item at time. Another xCLV has many items so it's clkear they can scroll (up/down this time).

TIA

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Reactions: udg
Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, @Erel

Should I remove/hide (B4xPages project), when compiling for iOS, the button showing the Exit option along with the B4xPage_CloseRequest code?
Will Apple's reviewers reject my app if tyhey see that button?

I guess that a visible button tha does nothing (and implies exiting the app) won't be appreciated much.. :)
So, using conditional symbols, I could make it part of the Android layout while purging it from the iOS one.
Is this the right way to go?

Upvote 0