Android Question Compile&Run gives strange message from adb

johnaaronrose

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have wirelessly connected successfully with B4A-Bridge 2.62 from B4A v11.20 (using Tools->Connect) to my Android phone. But when I do Project->Compile &Run on any project I get:
B4X:
adb.exe F 03-02 09:17:47   427   425 sysdeps_win32.cpp:2743] _wenviron is not set, did you link with -municode?
I can connect successfully using a USB cable and 'adb devices' then shows the phone.
I have previously been able to do this Ok. Is the problem in the IDE or B4A and how can it be fixed?

Not having the facility to run in Debug mode (with transfer of the app's apk to the phone) and thus show a problem with the app in the IDE's log is a huge nuisance.

Also, I suggest that the IDE has an option to communicate to the phone by USB cable.

PS Attached is a screenshot of the 'log' where this message was shown.

PPS Please tell me where the project/code for B4A-Bridge is, as I saw a link somewhere but it did not link to that project's code.

Attachments

• B4ACompile&RunADB.png
    B4ACompile&RunADB.png
    7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

johnaaronrose

Licensed User
Longtime User
System is Ubuntu 20.04 LTS using Wine 5.0. I've looked up Wine web site and there are no problems with it for adb. adb shows devices Ok:
B4X:
john@desktop:~$ adb devices
List of devices attached
A80DK017EEA0070527    device
adb.exe shows its version as:
B4X:
john@desktop:~$ adb version
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.40
Version 28.0.2-5303910

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ivan Aldaz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I had installed B4A on Linux with @walt61's tutorial, and worked fine until one day the error related here appeared. After several hours of googling and "b4x foruming" I didn't find the answer, and at last solved it by repeating steps 23 to 25 of the tutorial. At first I had problems because of Linux's permissions, that didn't let execute the first command ("mv /home/..."), but fixing this problem I have B4A working on Linux again.

Probably the error can be fixed by only deleting the Windows and Linux platform-tools directories and decompressing adb 1.0.40 zips on them, or maybe just one file, but I don't know which one. Both to install the app and to correct the error I used the files provided by @EnriqueGonzalez: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a45a6ym8l1ue5fk/AAB-7ocL5O4kSvT7cChZB5LEa?dl=0

Hope this helps

Best regards

Upvote 0

johnaaronrose

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I had installed B4A on Linux with @walt61's tutorial, and worked fine until one day the error related here appeared. After several hours of googling and "b4x foruming" I didn't find the answer, and at last solved it by repeating steps 23 to 25 of the tutorial. At first I had problems because of Linux's permissions, that didn't let execute the first command ("mv /home/..."), but fixing this problem I have B4A working on Linux again.

Probably the error can be fixed by only deleting the Windows and Linux platform-tools directories and decompressing adb 1.0.40 zips on them, or maybe just one file, but I don't know which one. Both to install the app and to correct the error I used the files provided by @EnriqueGonzalez: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a45a6ym8l1ue5fk/AAB-7ocL5O4kSvT7cChZB5LEa?dl=0

Hope this helps

Best regards
What is the error?

Upvote 0

Ivan Aldaz

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI, the error is the reason for this thread, your post #1:

B4X:
adb.exe F 03-02 09:17:47   427   425 sysdeps_win32.cpp:2743] _wenviron is not set, did you link with -municode?

For me it was blocking

Upvote 0

johnaaronrose

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI, the error is the reason for this thread, your post #1:

B4X:

For me it was blocking
I don't understand the 'blocking': what was what blocking?

Upvote 0

Ivan Aldaz

Licensed User
Longtime User
When this error appeared in the 'Compile & Rapid Debug' window the app was never installed to the phone with B4ABridge. The last step failed.

Upvote 0