Android Question Connection issues

GideonE

Hi all
I am trying to develop a mobile app with my knowledge of VB.NET and MySQL.
I have downloaded the B4A IDE to my laptop (Windows 10) and installed Bridge on my Samsung Galaxy S20
(using the instructions here : https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html).
I am using a Wi-Fi connection.
However when I try to connect from my IDE all I see is "Waiting for connections" on my mobile.
At the bottom left of my IDE the message keeps on changing from "Trying to connect..." to "(samsung SM-G980F) : Connected"
I have added a new IP address from my phone (as per B4A-Bridge and double checked it with my phone's settings - both are the same i.e. 192.168.5.139).
I tried shutting down my firewall (I use ESET Internet security) to no avail. I have also tried with a hotspot.
The IDE does seem to pick up the mobile (Tools -> B4A-Bridge -> Connect).

Please can someone help me?

Regards

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tools -> B4A-Bridge -> Connect
In this submenu you should see your phone samsung SM-G980F or phone's ip, click on it to connect.
If not found your phone name in this submenu, You can see it is ip in the list, if not -> add new ip & write your phone ip.
In the mean time your b4a bridge should be ready for connection.

And the best choice is connect your phone to IDE computer using usb cable, then in IDE log tab click connect.

Upvote 0

GideonE

In this submenu you should see your phone samsung SM-G980F or phone's ip, click on it to connect.
If not found your phone name in this submenu, You can see it is ip in the list, if not -> add new ip & write your phone ip.
In the mean time your b4a bridge should be ready for connection.

And the best choice is connect your phone to IDE computer using usb cable, then in IDE log tab click connect.
Thank you Hamied.

That is exactly what I did. My IDE does pick up my phone's IP, even if I haven't started B4A-Bridge it displays an option
samsung SM-G980F (not started) - 192.168.5.139. If I start the app on my phone the (not started) disappears, but the rest (samsung SM-G980F - 192.168.5.139) is then visible as a choice.
If I click on it to connect the result is the same as in my question above.

Also I have tried connecting with a USB cable - still the same result.

Regards

Upvote 0

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you check ip address of both computer & phone's bridge, they should be identical except last number (example: 192.168.5.xxx).
They should have the same subnet mask (if phone connected to computer using hotspot, so they are in different subnet & can't be connected).

Upvote 0