Android Question Control key repeat .. especially backspace

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by SteveD, Jun 24, 2015.

1. SteveD

SteveD Member Licensed User

First .. I'm quite a newbie at Android programming and B4A. I have a NOTEPAD app that I use to keep short notes to myself .... like a to-do list. When I complete a task, I delete the line referencing it. My PREFERRED method to delete the line is to simply use the BACKSPACE key on the keyboard. If the line is long ..even multiple lines, I can HOLD the BACKSPACE key .. however, it starts backing up at a reasonable speed for about 500 MSec, then suddenly takes off at about 20 times that speed and deletes several lines before I can get my finger off the button.

I have the source for my notepad app, but there is no mention of key handling at all that I can find..just an initialization of the IME which only references the BACK function of the phone (Samsung S4 Mini - Verizon).

So .. I haven't been able to find ANY reference to any settings for the phone, Android itself, or B4A.

Am I simply STUCK with this behavior and I have to manually delete each character instead of using the repeat function?

TIA,
    Steve

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The backspace key is handled by the OS. I don't think that you can change this behavior. You can implement an undo feature and allow the user to undo the delete.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice