Android Question Convert Android app to website

Is it possible for me to convert my application to a web version? I mean, my application can also be accessed and displayed through a browser by entering a domain.
I downloaded a program a few days ago and later found out that it also has a website. When I went to his website, I came across exactly the look of his mobile app! The website was not even one thousandth of a second different from the application. Both in terms of graphics and design and in terms of functionality. How is such a thing possible?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A B4A App is a Native Application. You can noch run it in a Webbrowser.
You can create webapps with B4J.

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it possible for me to convert my application to a web version? I mean, my application can also be accessed and displayed through a browser by entering a domain.
I downloaded a program a few days ago and later found out that it also has a website. When I went to his website, I came across exactly the look of his mobile app! The website was not even one thousandth of a second different from the application. Both in terms of graphics and design and in terms of functionality. How is such a thing possible?
It's highly possible that the app you saw was developed as a hybrid app and compiled to with cordova etc, ie a web app compiled into an android/iOS app.

Currently the frameworks that do that is ionic, react, framework7 to mention a few. You push a webapp and these compilers give you an apk and an ipa.

One can also develop a webapp and then embed it inside a webview in b4a as mentioned above. This has been done and is possible when using webviewextras libraries here in the forum.

If your app is accessible via a domain, then perhaps the version you have installed on your device is following the embedded webview approach.

Good luck.

Upvote 0