Share My Creation Database.Show WebApp using BVAD3 - [Source code for sale @ $50.00 Coming Soon]

Ola

Download

Paypal to : [email protected]

What is Database.Show?

Database.Show is a database schema viewer and database schema documentor for your MySQL, MSSQL, SQLite back-ends WebApps.

I'm still not sure whether one can access an already created BANanoSQL db here that was not created by the app itself. If that is possible, we will support it.

1. One is able to create connections to the database using login profiles. (MySQL done)
2. Extract the schema of the whole database, including field types, field lengths, primary keys etc.
3. View this schema in a data-table
4. Generate PDF report of the schema of your database.
5. View the data of your tables in a data-table.
6. Get list of databases running on your server
7. The WebApp uses MySQL as a backend & PHP. This is to keep your db schemas, it does not save your database data.
8. As this uses parameter queries, ONLY 4 data-types are supported i e. String, Double, Integer, Blob. This is based on the fact that MS PDO only supports these types and was adopted for uniformity of the DB Classes.
9. Export to JSON, CSV, Excel
10. Query Builder

Usage: MySQL

1. Create a connection on the Databases Screen for your MySQL database.
2. Click Connect, this will establish a connection to MySQL and your specified connection settings.
3. Click Get Tables - this gets the list of tables in your MySQL db and their schemas and saved to DB.Show. You can do this once and when the schema of your database changes. You can change the Singular / Plural for the nice names to show on the data-table.
4. For the table you want to access, select schema and then customise it. Here you can give a field a title, whether a field can be shown on the data-table, whether the field can be on the Pdf Report, etc.
5. Select data icon, this shows the fields you have chosen, using the field titles you have specified.
6. Select Pdf icon, this generates a pdf report of the fields you selected to show on the report.
7. You can use the row & column schema fields to update the order of the fields to appear on both the data-table and the pdf report.

Currently Supported BackEnds

Below is the list of supported backends. These use the different individually built classes ("drivers").

1617052044476.png

Database Lists - an example of Backends running on my Laragon Development Server

1617052231117.png

After establishing a connection and "Get Tables", a list of all tables in your database list listed with primary keys and auto-increment - Example

1617052646256.png

After drill down of table, one can view fields schema

1617069315036.png

Field Filtering - before one can view the table data, one should be able to specify which fields they want to be shown on the data-table. This is done by turning the 'On Table' switch on. This eliminates the possibility of large data-tables as one is able to pin-point exactly what they want. With the Field Title, one is able to give the field, a nicer name to show on the data-table.

With the Foreign table linkages, from the column definition itself, one establishes the relationships between the various tables.

FieldSetup.png

After drill down of table, one can view the data on the table.

Schema Documentation & Data Reporting

One is able to generate PDF reports based on whatever fields they choose for their reports. The table report and fields report per table are also now available.

Exporting Data to PDF & Excel

CRUD Functionality using Dynamic Form Builder

BTW: Possible additional implementations in the near future (depending purely on demand)

1. Create a backend database directly from the interface.
2. Create a table linked to a database directly from the interface
3. Create fields for a table directly from the interface.
4. CRUD for records i.e. add a new record, update an existing record, delete an existing record.
5. BackUp and Restore Databases - from 1 database to another e.g. MySQL > MSSQL and back etc etc.
6. Permission & User Administration

Send me your thoughts and wishes below please.

Tada!!!

Correspondence to: [email protected]

Last edited: