Android Tutorial Designer Scripts Tutorial

Hubert Brandel

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am happy with the good infos, and I will read it again, but my problem is a little bit different. I had to use small buttons and editcontrols to fit on the small smartphones (480x800), but many users now use 7" tabs because the screens are to small for many people. I did use DIP, but the DIP will not grow on bigger size tabs.
Thats why I have to upsize the controls and the fontsize.
I think I am on the right way now.

Last edited:

gjoisa

Licensed User
Longtime User
Problem with list view

I successfully implemented designer script in my app ,and runs perfectly in all screen variants , except list view . In a tablet (800*1280) listview labels looking small . I tried to increase the height of list view , but no difference . is there any other method to do that ?

B4AJunkie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a possibility to start the variant specific script before the all variants script?

I have a panel on the left side. On big tablets the panel should take 90%x to be as big as possible. On smaller smartphones the panel should only 80%x to leave enough space for buttons on the right side.

I thought i could declare the panelwidth dependening in the variant specific design and then design the buttons with the all variants script depending on the panelwidth.

Or is there any other way?

PS: By the way. The possibility of an "if"-statement would be great in the script. This would give the possibility to give views a maximum size depending on the resolution of the device.

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User

metrick

Licensed User
Longtime User
The next version will include an AutoScale method which will make it simpler.
+1 Awesome.

Hubert Brandel

Licensed User
Longtime User
The next version will include an AutoScale method which will make it simpler.

It is good, but hard to understand for newbies ;-)

Is there a date for the new release with an easier way ? :sign0098:

jnbarban

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone. i need help....
I have a big project B4A ( Approximately 60 activity and Layout)
this project is actually in version 1.80.
I have try to migrate in 2.20 in order to use "AutoScaleAll" function.
All my project is based on variant 600x1024 scale 1.5 (samsung Galaxy tab 1)
The problem :
When i uncomment "AutoScaleAll" on Designer Script, all views are scale ?
i supposed that "AutoscaleAll" did not change view's if the target device have the same variant as variant declarate on designer interface ?
example :

May be i don't understand how work "AutoScaleAll" so, someone can learn me ? Thanks...

Last edited:

jnbarban

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel.
But...i try to make my interface with a variant "Standard" 320*480 scale=1 (on Abstract designer ) . Then, when i use "AutoScrollAll" on my device (detected 600*1024 scale=1.5)

My interface don't scale in totality of the screen :

:sign0013: but why the result is not that i expected ?

tiobred

Licensed User
Longtime User
Design

Boa tarde a todos,

Erel, eu sou desenvolvedor e comprei o B4, como sugestão, eu gostaria de solicitar se possível, uma ajuste no B4 no que se refere a design, eu e outros usuários que conheço acha um pouco difícil e custoso trabalhar com layouts para vários dispositivos escrevendo na mão grande. Estou esperando com muita ansiedade uma versão que eu não tenha que me preocupar com design, ou seja, eu vou desenhar a tela e o que eu desenhar, automaticamente vai se ajustar para qualquer dispositivo, essa é a minha vontade. Espero que um dia isso seja possível no B4.

Agradeço.

Abraços.
Anderson Azevedo.

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a project with many layouts and am trying to use the designer scripts.
I open my designer and then the scripts tab; none of my views show up on the designer.
I can add a new view and it shows up and I can execute scripts against it and they work, but my original views fail to show up.
What am I doing incorrectly?
Thanks,
Rusty

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I open the designer, open a layout, it appears just fine as currently designed. I click the Designer Scripts tab and the layout is then blank. I click the Main tab and the layout is the way it was originally.
If I add a new view, it will show in the designer when in script mode, but none of the other views will show.
Thanks,

Interestingly enough, this only occurs on one layout (.bal) file in the several I use in the project.
On some of the others some views show up, but others do not show. On other layouts, all views show...

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…