B4A Library DesignSupport - Additional Material Design components

prajinpraveen

Licensed User
any pointers please. i have tried with no luck.
I could add the ACSearchview to the Navigation Drawer, not to the Tool bar. Please advise.

Rochow

Licensed User
Help, This code:

DSFloatLabelEditTextEmail.Text="email"

Throw:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No virtual method setText(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)V in class Lde/amberhome/objects/appcompat/ACEditTextWrapper; or its super classes (declaration of 'de.amberhome.objects.appcompat.ACEditTextWrapper' appears in /data/app/com.apps.material-2/base.apk)

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Help, This code:

DSFloatLabelEditTextEmail.Text="email"

Throw:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No virtual method setText(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)V in class Lde/amberhome/objects/appcompat/ACEditTextWrapper; or its super classes (declaration of 'de.amberhome.objects.appcompat.ACEditTextWrapper' appears in /data/app/com.apps.material-2/base.apk)
Which versions of AppCompat and Designsupport library do you use?

peacemaker

Licensed User
OK, i was ready to donate for such development, but ... tried myself to make such interface, where scrollable views (GoogleMap and ListView) are placed into the vertical scrollable container (ScrollView) and see that it's impossible to make all scroll combinations workable at the same time.
So, no need in such lib modification. But it's curious how this scrolling combination is made on video.

Emme Developer

Licensed User
Hi @corwin42, thanks for your patience and your great job. Only one question, how can i use add submenu? What is it? I thought it's little menu header, but when i tried to add it nothing appears. Can you post a little code example to achieve it (like screenshot in first post). Thanks anyway

A Z M JANNAT UL KARIM

Licensed User
Hi, sorry I am a newbie in android world, started my journey through B4A. Cant manage to change the Sample NavDrawer Header text and Sub Title as per image. Can you please help me how to do it? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

A Z M JANNAT UL KARIM

Licensed User
A simple solution based on AppCompat library + jfeinstein sliding menu library is available here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/appcompat-with-toolbar-minimal-example.79896/#post-505911
Hi Erel, thank you for your reply. I tried to download and install the apps to my mobile through B4A-Bridge. While installing it just says App not installed. Am I missing something. Thank you.

Update ---

Sorry, My Bad. Need to update the Manifest File to 25, Was 21. Now it's working. Thank You.

Corwin42 NavigationDrawer looks great. Want to stand my project with his NavigationDrawer. Will be helpful if I can find a way to change the Navigation Title. Thanks in Advance.

Last edited: