B4A Library DesignSupport - Additional Material Design components

Discussion in 'Additional libraries, classes and official updates' started by corwin42, Oct 1, 2015.

1. prajinpraveen

prajinpraveen Member Licensed User

Good Day,

Is it possible to add ACSearchView along with NavigationDrawer which uses ACToolbarlight, to get the below UI

upload_2017-3-21_8-30-4.png

2. corwin42

corwin42 Expert Licensed User

Yes

3. prajinpraveen

any pointers please. i have tried with no luck.
    I could add the ACSearchview to the Navigation Drawer, not to the Tool bar. Please advise.

4. corwin42

See the AppCompatBase example of the AppCompat library thread. There is an example of a ACSearchView in it.

prajinpraveen likes this.
  5. prajinpraveen

Exactly what i wanted. thank you so much.

6. prajinpraveen

Hello Corwin42, any update on this feature, CollapsingToolbarLayout

7. corwin42

I have some test apps created which work quite well. I'm still not sure about the API. It should be simple to use but it must be flexible as well. It will still need some days of work.

prajinpraveen likes this.
  8. Rochow

Rochow Member Licensed User

Help, This code:

DSFloatLabelEditTextEmail.Text="email"

Throw:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No virtual method setText(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)V in class Lde/amberhome/objects/appcompat/ACEditTextWrapper; or its super classes (declaration of 'de.amberhome.objects.appcompat.ACEditTextWrapper' appears in /data/app/com.apps.material-2/base.apk)

9. corwin42

Which versions of AppCompat and Designsupport library do you use?

10. Rochow

AppCompat 3.51 and DesignSupport 2.32

11. corwin42

If you use B4A 6.80 update to AppCompat library 3.52. Otherwise downgrade DesignSupport library to 2.31.

12. Rochow

Great! Now work whith B4A 6.8 update. Thank you so much.

13. peacemaker

peacemaker Well-Known Member Licensed User

14. corwin42

Yes, will be possible.

15. peacemaker

peacemaker Well-Known Member Licensed User

OK, i was ready to donate for such development, but ... tried myself to make such interface, where scrollable views (GoogleMap and ListView) are placed into the vertical scrollable container (ScrollView) and see that it's impossible to make all scroll combinations workable at the same time.
    So, no need in such lib modification. But it's curious how this scrolling combination is made on video.

16. Emme Developer

Emme Developer Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hi @corwin42, thanks for your patience and your great job. Only one question, how can i use add submenu? What is it? I thought it's little menu header, but when i tried to add it nothing appears. Can you post a little code example to achieve it (like screenshot in first post). Thanks anyway

17. mesutaslan

mesutaslan Member Licensed User

Hello Corwin42, any update on CollapsingToolbarLayout

Emme Developer likes this.
  18. A Z M JANNAT UL KARIM

A Z M JANNAT UL KARIM Member Licensed User

Hi, sorry I am a newbie in android world, started my journey through B4A. Cant manage to change the Sample NavDrawer Header text and Sub Title as per image. Can you please help me how to do it? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

19. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

20. A Z M JANNAT UL KARIM

A Z M JANNAT UL KARIM Member Licensed User

Hi Erel, thank you for your reply. I tried to download and install the apps to my mobile through B4A-Bridge. While installing it just says App not installed. Am I missing something. Thank you.

Update ---

Sorry, My Bad. Need to update the Manifest File to 25, Was 21. Now it's working. Thank You.

Corwin42 NavigationDrawer looks great. Want to stand my project with his NavigationDrawer. Will be helpful if I can find a way to change the Navigation Title. Thanks in Advance.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice