B4J Question Display difference between Java-8 and Java-11 in laptop.

D

Deleted member 103

Hi,

I have discovered a strange bug in my laptop with the display of applications compiled with Java-8 and Java-11.
The shape of the laptop, compiled with Java-11, is displayed much larger than with Java-8.
I took the example "Anchors" as a test application.
The same error happens to every application.

Has anyone ever noticed the mistake?

Attachments

• Anchors.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 163
  • Laptop-Screenshot.PNG
    312.2 KB · Views: 227
  • PC-Screenshot.PNG
    113.7 KB · Views: 232
D

Deleted member 103

Why are you running it as jar with Java 8 and EXE with Java 11? Start with running the app from the IDE.
This is only to demonstrate that the scaling between Java 8 and Java 11 is different.
I create the setup file on my PC, and then I install the application for testing on my laptop, as my customers should do it.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

My laptop has the same resolution as my PC 1920x1080. The application has a size of 1280x800. As can be seen in the screenshot, with Java 8 the application is displayed in the correct size and with Java 11 it is displayed much larger.
And when I create the exe with Java 8, the application size is displayed correctly.

Upvote 0

thetahsk

Licensed User
Longtime User

Try to change the Compatibility Properties of java.exe.
Go to to your Java,exe folder and right click -> properties -> Compatibility tab -> Check the OVERRIDE HIGH DPI SCALING -> choose Scaling performed by System

for german desktop users

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

What is the screen scale (DPI)? Resolution without scale doesn't mean anything.
Thank you very much Erel, that was the right tip.
The scaling on the PC is 100% and on the laptop it was 125%.
Now I have set the scaling on the laptop to 100% and everything is OK.
It is so that Java-8 does not cause any problems with this scaling, but Java-11 does.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…