Bug? [EDIT]changing a Labels text size removes the text formating?!

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I started this BUG report on the assumption that it was the SetLayoutAnimated method that was the culprit of the removing of the Text Format, But after a small test, I discovered that a simple textsize change does it.

How to replicate:
In the visual designer, add a Label and set a few format Options, like Bold,Italic and size.
save the layout, and in the code, change the textsize property to a different value than the one you set in the visual designer... you'll find that that action has removed all the other formatting.

PS: I found that using the extra css property and set it to -fx-font-weight:bold; results in a bold text even after text resizing by code.

So I guess that tsyle appends/overrides the base styling, while textsize removes any non css style set propertiies

I used the following to "clone" a view (not rally cloning it but to be able to reference it)

B4X:
Dim Target as ImageView = Sender
Dim targetLabel As Label
MySelection = target.Tag
    Select MySelection
        Case "xpto"
                    targetLabel = Label1
        Case ..."

End Select
        y=target.Top 
        yl=targetLabel.Top - 5 
        target.SetLayoutAnimated(300,x,y,80,80)
        targetLabel.SetLayoutAnimated(300,xl,yl,55,30)
        targetLabel.TextSize = 14

I found that, even thou Label1 has font properties set to be Font Size =14 and BOLD ITALIC in style, these are not cloned into the targetLabel

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Label1 is NOT the sender, I use the sender to be able to "know" which label I need to act upon, like, if the mouse goes over imageview1, I animate label1, if it goes over imageview2, I animate label2, and so on

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually I found that a simple resizing of the text removes the text styling... see post #1

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok, got it...
ps. it should be mentioned in the help tips in the visual designer