Android Question Emulator-5554 (unwanted)

dlfallen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I do my development using my device connected with B4A bridge. Usually (but not always) when I compile a program it asks be to choose between my device and Emulator-5554. But I have not started any emulator, so I do not know where this is coming from. If I select the Emulator 5554, the program "installs" to that emulator with no error messages, except I have no emulator running.

It's a small problem, but an irritating one. Is there a way to get rid of the Emulator 5554 option so I don't have to stop and choose every time I compile a program?

dlfallen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't understand how the emulator can crash when it was not started in the first place. I did try resetting ADB under the Tools menu but that did not help. Once I even did a power off/power on reboot and still got the same problem. At times though, I don't get this problem. Like I said, it is not a big issue but it is a pain.

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Empty your computer's cache memory and history and everything.
Try to load the emulator and then close it.

My two cents!

Upvote 0

dlfallen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had installed BlueStacks out of curiosity but never use it. I uninstalled it and now I do not have the Emulator 5554 problem.

Thanks DKCERT for the tip!

Upvote 0