Android Question error without sub name

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an app installed throught apk and not playstore. The user sees errors sometimes and send me the screenshot but I can't see the sub that generated the error (see picture).
Which is the exact reason the sub name is not visible ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-08-19-46-37.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-08-19-46-37.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 113

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Understand. Two more questions:

1) Is there somewhere in the device a log file that I can ask the user to send me ? Or the log is effective only when the device is connected to the pc in debug mde ?
2) If the app is installed throught the playstore, would the user always see the option to send the report to the developer or does it depends ?

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, he is running KitKat, anyway I was able to reproduce here the bug, with my Lollipop device connected to USB.
The error appear in a sub of the main activity, the last line of this code:

B4X:
Dim websynctable As Map
websynctable.Initialize
If File.Exists(AppPath, "WebSyncRDC.ini") Then
  websynctable = File.ReadMap(AppPath, "WebSyncRDC.ini")
  MySub.RDC_Password1=websynctable.Get("RDC_Password1")       
  MySub.Fwd_Enabled=websynctable.Get("Fwd_Enabled")

The error is caused by a mismatch between the variable type and the value stored in the map, so I have solved, but why the sub name is not wisible in the error ?
Also if I run in debug mode, the program end with the error in the log windows (without the sub name where occoured) but the IDE does not halt on the line of the error.
I had to run it step by step to see wich was the wrong line .

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, vs 5.00
Ok, in legacy debugger the program halts on the wrong line (not in rapid).
But in release-obfuscated the program just stop with that error in the screensshot above, without reporting the generating sub.
The log also does not contain the sub name, just "java.lang.NumberFormatException: Invalid double: "false""
May be this is because the sub (in the main activity) is called by a service with a CallSubDelayed ?

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had different behaviour yesterday in rapid
Now:

1) in legacy is perfect, the error is in the log, the wrong line is highlighted in the editor and appears in a progressialog on the device.
2) in rapid the device just stop the execution (return to home screen) and the log specify the error and the line number in the Main code.
3) in release I have the error in the picture above but I can't know where it happened.

In all the above three situations, the sub name does not appear.

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
here a simple test project. In a sub, I write a boolean in a map and try to read it back as an int
If you run in release you can't see the sub name where the error is occoured.
Perhaps i'm a bit confusing (no more free space in my head ...): is this behaviour correct ?
Wasn't some time ago visible also the sub name ?

Attachments

• test.zip
    6 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0