Android Question expiration of the push channel

SlashIT

Licensed User
Longtime User
hello to everyone,
I tried to look for documentation but without success;
I activate an FCM push channel (Erel's tutorial) and it works correctly, but if the App is not opened for a few days, it seems that the subscription expires and the device no longer receives push messages (this also happens for iOs).
Is there a solution or I'm doing something wrong (Erel's tutorial)?
Thank you

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont know what you mean. I can leave my app for weeks and when i send a notification my app receives it.

Upvote 0

SlashIT

Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont know what you mean. I can leave my app for weeks and when i send a notification my app receives it.
thanks for the reply, but I do not see how it can help me find a solution to an exception.
if you do not have this problem, do not answer, just lengthen the debate, creating confusion.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
First: i dont think i just lenthten the debate.
Second: Firebase Cloud Messaging topics don't auto-expire. Just like you explicitly make a call to subscribe a user/token to a topic, you will have to make an explicit call to unsubscribe them from that topic.
Third: I wish you good luck with your issue. I´m out here.

Upvote 0

SlashIT

Licensed User
Longtime User
First: i dont think i just lenthten the debate.
Second: Firebase Cloud Messaging topics don't auto-expire. Just like you explicitly make a call to subscribe a user/token to a topic, you will have to make an explicit call to unsubscribe them from that topic.
Third: I wish you good luck with your issue. I´m out here.
thanks for the information, but following Erel's tutorial this problem happens to me, so I wanted to know if it has already happened to someone and how they solved it (maybe having a feedback directly from the console firebase ...)

Upvote 0

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just checked the application that was not run for 8 months and everything works fine. It's a bit weird what you write about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does your app get any notifications? you have either unsubscribed, or have an error in your code, as once your app is subscribed, you will always get notifications.

Upvote 0

SlashIT

Licensed User
Longtime User
Resolved!
everything was mainly related to the transfer of ownership to the new account.
realigned the certificates, server and app, everything seems to have gone well ... (operation already performed during the move operation, but apparently something did not work properly)
thank you all

Upvote 0