Android Question Firebase admob Issue

Keith Flanagan

Licensed User
Hi All

I am having an issue with my app. I am creating a simple B4x Page application, with one page [this has a couple of images and a button. there is also a panel which is the placeholder for the admob to display into.

My app will install and run on my phone perfectly until I add FireBaseAdMob, the resources in the manifest and the google-services.json file.

Once I add these references and files, the code will compile correctly and will install to the device using B4ABridge.

But once I open the App using the Bridge, it just disappears - like what happens when the code crashes, however there is nothing in the log to suggest what the problem may be.

Now it probably is something in my Android setup, although I have just refreshed this earlier to try to rule it in or out

I reference Firebase AdMob library 2.00 , I have added the manifest details [See Screens below]

TestWithAdsConfig.png

B4X:
Sub Class_Globals
    Private Root As B4XView
    Private xui As XUI
    Private Panel1 As Panel
    Private pnlAds As Panel

Private BannerAd As AdView
End Sub

Public Sub Initialize

End Sub

'This event will be called once, before the page becomes visible.
Private Sub B4XPage_Created (Root1 As B4XView)
    Root = Root1
    Root.LoadLayout("MainPage")

BannerAd.Initialize2("BannerAd", "ca-app-pub-9**************1/2********9", BannerAd.SIZE_SMART_BANNER)
    pnlAds.AddView(BannerAd, 0, 0, pnlAds.Width, pnlAds.Height)
    BannerAd.LoadAd

End Sub

I can include the full project if this helps trouble shooting.

But before I do, should I remove the google-service.json file and also the ad unit IDs?

Thanks in Advance