iOS Question Firebase messages are being sent but not received

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
So code hasn't changed much recently but my firebase messages are not being received on the iOS version of my App, Android version is fine (sending and receiving)
What have I got wrong?
Help much appreciated

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
This was never a requirement when I wrote the code, so the comment that I should have read the tutorials is not valid.
So is the requirement now that I need to send two messages, one for android and one for iOS?

When did this change? How many other developers like myself don't know about this fundamental change?

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This was never a requirement when I wrote the code, so the comment that I should have read the tutorials is not valid.
So is the requirement now that I need to send two messages, one for android and one for iOS?

When did this change? How many other developers like myself don't know about this fundamental change?
I know that requirement is there from day 1 , this is not a change.

You can slightly change the code to this for example, to send the message to 2 different platforms with 1 click.:

B4X:
Sub AppStart (Args() As String)
    Dim titlestring,bodystring As String
    titlestring="This is the Title"
    bodystring="This is the Body"
    SendMessage("ios_general", titlestring, bodystring)
    SendMessage("general", titlestring, bodystring)
    StartMessageLoop
End Sub

Upvote 0

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
If the requirement was there from day one then I wouldn't have coded my App without the "ios_" !
Having tried it I have found that the Android version is quite happy to accept the "ios_" topics and by simply adding the ios code regardless of platform this now works.

Thank you for your replies, but I am still miffed as to the replies I have got, suggesting that this could never have worked (ask my 10,000+ customers) !

Upvote 0