Android Question Floating Button keeps pausing other apps

Shivito1

Licensed User
My app keeps pausing videos when I try to use the fly menu of the bubble. I attached a picture showing the menu and the paused video. Star-Dust mentioned "force it to go in the background by opening a transparent activity from your app" I do use transparency but my question is how do I force it to the background.

Attachments

• Screenshot_SubreaderFloatIssue.jpg
    Screenshot_SubreaderFloatIssue.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 329

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you need to use the floating button only to pause and restart the crunchyroll video, this code can help you.

But if you have to do more I must have more information about the crunchyroll API (if any)

The operation is as follows:
When you click the pause button, a transparent activity opens. Crunch loses the foreground and pauses the video.

If you click the play button, the transparent task closes and returns the foreground to the one that continues with the video.

Attachments

• Crunch_sample.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 320
Upvote 0

Shivito1

Licensed User
If you need to use the floating button only to pause and restart the crunchyroll video, this code can help you.

But if you have to do more I must have more information about the crunchyroll API (if any)

The operation is as follows:
When you click the pause button, a transparent activity opens. Crunch loses the foreground and pauses the video.

If you click the play button, the transparent task closes and returns the foreground to the one that continues with the video.

specialPermission library?
I searched for it but did not find. Is this included with newer version of B4X?

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So you do not want to click the button and pause the video, but do you want to open a full menu and let the video continue?

If you want to have a complete menu, as in the example n.2 of my library, but without pausing the video, the menu should be opened without starting any activity.
In the example number 2 the menu is linked to a transparent activity that pauses the video of the app under.

Actually, it is possible to have a complete floating menu without opening the activity, but I limited it to a single floating button.

At the moment I do not plan to change it, it would take time that I do not have available. But there are other libraries that you can find that do similar things, @JordiCP and others I think of @Informatix that are right for you. Search the forum for the word StandOut

Last edited:
Upvote 0