Wish Folders in Module List

davfla

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

The most functions I can realise with this great b4a programm. Thanks to the programmers for this greatful product.

I had startet a hugh project a year ago.
At this time I have ca 50.000 lines of code and 50 classes in my project. And slowly I loose the overview about this monster of code modules.
Is it possible to create Folders in the module window for a hierarchy of the moduls ? It woulds help a lot.
I know, I can work with librarys to reduce the visible code. But it's not so easy, because many functions depends from other functions.

Thank you for your time.

David

davfla

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
I use your V5 now and I must say : Amazing work.
The best is the moveable windows in the sidebar. But I can't find the function, how I create Folders for my modules. Or did you not realize this ?

But it's make more fun to work now with the IDE. The combobox for switch between the configurations is really nice. Further it's very helpful for beginners to see, which permission is needed from which object.
Erel, nice work. But maybe you can say me, how can I create the folders in the module list. It would be nice when it work.

David

Last edited:

davfla

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, for a good overview over the project the folders in the module list would be very important.

Here are 2 screenshots from the IDE. The module list is very large.

The duration of the compilation is similar to < v5. There I feel no difference. It's needed in my case in release mode 15-20 sec and in the debug mode 25-30 sec.

Maybe you can build in a optional hotkey, which opens your autocomplete function only with structures/classes. T.e. on Shift+Space or modify by user.
The reason is because I've many structures. And this would help too.

If you want I can send you my project, that you can make your own imaging. I think, in this case I can trust you. Maybe it's help to improve b4a more.

David

Attachments

• s1.png
    s1.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 170
  • s2.png
    s2.png
    221.6 KB · Views: 208

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe you can build in a optional hotkey, which opens your autocomplete function only with structures/classes. T.e. on Shift+Space or modify by user.
The reason is because I've many structures. And this would help too
Note that you can disable the automatic auto complete and then this feature will behave in a similar way to previous versions (Tools - IDE Options - Disable implicit auto complete).

If you want I can send you my project, that you can make your own imaging. I think, in this case I can trust you. Maybe it's help to improve b4a more.
Thank you. It is not needed for now.