Other For new(er) members: How to post a question/issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. Please post the code AND the error message from the logs as TEXT within CODE TAGS.
2. Don't post images
3. Describe what the problem is (full sentences, not 3 words, not "my car doesn't work - guess what it is")
4. Use the search function FIRST (assume you're not the first person having that question)
5. Assume that we have many power users here having huge and complex apps. B4x is working 100%. So if you have an issue it's mostly a programming mistake
6. Don't start complex projects without any experience
7. We love to help but you need to help us to understand the issue (see esp. 1 - 3)
8. Read the tutorials and manuals
9. Install B4x as described!
10. Have fun

Erel: 11. Always start a new thread for your question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. Please post the code AND the error message from the logs as TEXT within CODE TAGS.
2. Don't post images
3. Describe what the problem is (full sentences, not 3 words, not "my car doesn't work - guess what it is")
4. Use the search function FIRST (assume you're not the first person having that question)
5. Assume that we have many power users here having huge and complex apps. B4x is working 100%. So if you have an issue it's mostly a programming mistake
6. Don't start complex projects without any experience
7. We love to help but you need to help us to understand the issue (see esp. 1 - 3)
8. Read the tutorials and manuals
9. Install B4x as described!
10. Have fun
Small additions to your guidelines:

2. Don't post images - We mean, dont post images or screen captures of your logs and/or error messages!
App Screenshots or videos are fine, to exemplify a behaviour.

7. We love to help but you need to help us to understand the issue (see esp. 1 - 3) - We really do LOVE TO HELP, but Don't expect us to do the job for you! When you come across an issue, give us a starting point , a code sample, a stripped out project that we can take, analyse and POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION… we may even provide a fully working solution based in YOUR WORK IN PROGRESS!

8. Read the tutorials and manuals - Our Power(full) user @klaus has created a series of booklets that cover from the basics up to the complexes of B4X suite IDEs. YOU REALLY SHOULD READ THEM!

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is how it works:

Please use [CODE]code here...[/CODE] tags when posting code.

codetag001.png

codetag002.png

codetag003.png

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
because sharing is caring
sharing = caring --> car sharing? :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Upvote 0

Mark Read

Licensed User
Longtime User
14a. After posting the solution, mark the thread as [Solved] (change title). It helps others to see if a solution is there, especially with long posts.

I forget as well.

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
7. We love to help but you need to help us to understand the issue (see esp. 1 - 3) - We really do LOVE TO HELP, but Don't expect us to do the job for you! When you come across an issue, give us a starting point , a code sample, a stripped out project that we can take, analyse and POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION… we may even provide a fully working solution based in YOUR WORK IN PROGRESS!
I fully subscribe to it.
Do not expect us to do the work for them instead of cavalry. Otherwise we should also collect the money agreed with the customer for them.:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.