Forum scrolling freezes

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
I noticed lately when using this forum, and only this forum that when using the scrollwheel on my mouse it will suddenly lock/freeze after scrolling for a bit. Then it picks up again just to lock and freeze. Almost as if the forum is "grabbing" the scrolling for some reason

I dont know why this is happening and its highly annoying. I tried a different browser and same ordeal.

This is the only forum doing it so far. I visit other forums and dont have any issues with scrolling.

Thats the only issue I have so far, everything else seems to work fine. no lag or anything.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Same here..
I need to keep the mouse positioned on the sides/edges to avoid this problem

mindful

Licensed User
To me happens only in chrome and it happens on some other sites so clearly in my case the problem is Chrome which doesn't like my mouse scrolling wheel ;)

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought it was my PC and slower internet connection. Chrome user as well.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just tried it in the office as well and I see the same behavior as at home (using Chrome in both locations).

When trying at home, I thought it was due to my Logitech mouse and its Chrome extension (see this reported problem) but now I see the same here in the office using just an ordinary mouse.

Edit: here in the office it happens only some times...

mindful

Licensed User
It doesn't happen here when I test it with Chrome. Does it happen for you in all pages?
Yes. But as I said it happens on other websites as well, only on Chrome.

Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

In Firefox and Edge I didn't saw any problems.

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
Would like to add some additional information to this. I frequent a site called Audiokarma.org, and it too is running XenForo and I don't have the same scrolling problem as I do here.

FWIW, when the "freeze" happens, I notice the up arrow in the bottom right corner of the screen pops up in its active state each time.

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Seems any page in chrome has the same action...
Chrome version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) - my ver... latest...

Also, typing a response with often stall. B4X - Gmail, etc...

Something has really gone sideways with Google, IMHO.

I reported this to Google, probably along with 100,000 other users...

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Time to try FireFox. There was a major improvement a few months ago and it is now fast as Chrome.
Perhaps...

I tried a year ago (or more) and was not impressed with it - even thou others raved about it...
For me, I will put up with Chrome until others test the others out... and report their positive feedback. I just have no time for all that testing.

Keep up your great work - we are all thankful.

Last edited:

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not happening currently on my home PC, once I get back to the shop I will have a go at it again.