Android Example FREE Source Code's !

Hi all,

i have updated my webpage and decided to add a tutorial section.

My first tutorial is a simple calculator (+,-,*,/) there is a video tutorial incl. Source code on my site.

I will upload the project also here and you can go to my site to watch the video if you like.

link: www.sagital.net

Edit: File was updated, fixed few bugs (24/04/2015)

** all free sources from me are free for personal use only, you may not sell them or publish them on your site or any forum, they are meant to learn from them. By downloading them you agree!

calc1.jpg

Attachments

• t1calc.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 3,144
Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi,

second project finished "Invaders"

Invaders is a simple nice game and a good example to learn from (collisions check, sound, animations, NO LIBS!,...)

The source code is for free, i will try to make a video tutorial of it soon (the tutorial will be on my webpage: www.sagital.net)

more source code will follow soon.

Have fun!

EDIT: Controls (Left half of the screen space ship go left, right half space ship go right, to shoot the aliens click in the spaceship zone)

** all free sources from me are free for personal use only, you may not sell them or publish them on your site or any forum, they are meant to learn from them. By downloading them you agree!

inv1.png

Attachments

• invaders.zip
    70.6 KB · Views: 2,719
Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

This is an old project called "Sk8 - Skateboard". I have rebuild it again and improve the code to make it more simpler to understand (incl. comments)

I used AndyMc "Cloney Bird Example" and made this game. (Thanx AndyMc)

The file is a little bit large (1Mb) so you can download it from my site (tutorial will follow soon)

link: www.sagital.net/tutorials/sk8.rar

Have fun! :)

sk1.png

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi again,

this example i made few weeks ago for itgirl. Because i will upload here more sources and examples i want to share this too.

i created only the first level of the game that itgirl wanted, you can play with it a little and make more levels.

you can see the discussion of the game here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/any-one-interested-developer-a-game.50666/

this is a great example that prooves that libGDX should not be allways your first choice. i see lot simple games here (b4x.com) that was made with libgdx and in
my opinion could be done easily without any libs. especially with today smartphones where everyone has 2gb ram, quadcore processor,...
So simple games dont really need libGDX.
Dont understand me wrong LibGDX is a great lib and very powerful (thank you informatix - i have 7 LibGDX games) i just want to show you another way of game making. (would like to hear your opinion)

worm1.png

Attachments

• worms.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,928
Last edited:

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan,
Thank you for sharing all this code with us. you are a great coder and helpful.

"Left half of the screen space ship go left, right half space ship go right, to shoot the aliens click in the spaceship zone"

This is very smart.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
    'load sk8er frames  skate
    img_sk8erStrip = IU.LoadscaledBitmap(File.DirAssets, "skate.png",-1,-1,True)
    For x = 0 To 19
        img_sk8er(x) = IU.Crop(img_sk8erStrip,x*50,0,50,70) 'crop png file to sprites
        img_sk8er(x) = IU.CreateScaledBitmap(img_sk8er(x),12%x,23%y,True)'scale sprites images
    Next
I've not done any game programming as of yet, mainly because the graphics element of creating games doesn't appeal to me. However I'd have never thought of doing it this way. I've only spent half an hour looking at the code and already discovered loads.

Much appreciated @ilan I'm sure I'll learn a lot from this and wish to personally thank you for sharing your code.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanx all, i forgot to mention, all free sources from me are for personal use only, you may not sell them or publish them on your site or any forum.
they are meant to learn from them. by downloading them you agree!

thank you for your understanding... (more will follow soon)

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

i have updated my webpage and decided to add a tutorial section.

My first tutorial is a simple calculator (+,-,*,/) there is a video tutorial incl. Source code on my site.

I will upload the project also here and you can go to my site to watch the video if you like.

Edit: File was updated, fixed few bugs (24/04/2015)

View attachment 33656
Great effort yet again mate.

JTmartins

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great source of learning not only B4A techics, but also some interesting ways of problem solving...many thanks for sharing.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
the originl source if from andymc and he deserve the credits, so that solution is his... :oops:
The only place I have ever seen something similar to this was in a skinning program for Windows called Rainmeter (http://rainmeter.net it's a very good theming utility that I currently use, check it out of you've not seen this before). It uses an image that is split horizontally into three sections. The first section is for the normal desktop icon, the middle section is for the icon to display when hovering the mouse cursor over the icon and the third section is for when clicked, that's just from memory but it's something like that. The program just uses which ever section of the image it needs. Pretty slick really.

Reproretro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

This is an old project called "Sk8 - Skateboard". I have rebuild it again and improve the code to make it more simpler to understand (incl. comments)

I used AndyMc "Cloney Bird Example" and made this game. (Thanx AndyMc)

The file is a little bit large (1Mb) so you can download it from my site (tutorial will follow soon)

link: www.sagital.net/tutorials/sk8.rar

View attachment 33653
Hi
Didn't you say elsewhere you were removing this code because of copyright.
Regards, RR

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Didn't you say elsewhere you were removing this code because of copyright

I change the graphics (add blur effect to them) so now you can use the code for personal use.
(i could not leave the graphics as they were because i bought them and only i may use them for my games)

Reproretro

Licensed User
Longtime User
I change the graphics (add blur effect to them) so now you can use the code for personal use.
(i could not leave the graphics as they were because i bought them and only i may use them for my games)
That's cool. I thought you had left the sourse by mistake. Thank you for sharing.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi, a new B4J source code is available

Clumsy Bird (Flappy Bird), if you like it you can click on the LIKE button ;)

Have Fun!

screenshot.png

Attachments

• B4J - Clumsy Bird.zip
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,839

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi, another b4j game: MAD MAZE

Mad Maze is a simple maze game, you need to catch all 4 diamonds and may not touch the walls. after collecting all 4 diamonds find the way out, but do it quick you got only 2 minutes to do that!

Move the player by using your KEAYBOARD! " a,s,d,w or 4,5,6,8 "

there is an error msg when i try to run it in release mode, but in debug mode everything works fine, i dont know why...
i hope erel will bring some light to the darkness :D

New version available that fixed that error, note that you will need the jMsgbox lib & jfxtras-labs-2.2-r5.jar to run the app, you can download them here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/msgbox-library.34700/#content

Have fun :)

screenshot.png

Attachments

• Mad-Maze.zip
    239.9 KB · Views: 1,853
Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi i made this unit converter Class in b4j (can be used in all platforms b4i/b4a/b4j)

it is very simple to edit it and put new units to it.

supported units:

Length:
millimeter
centimeter
decimeter
meter
kilometer
foot
inch
mile
yard

Volume: